Exhibition companies back design copying initiative
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;1/17/2003, Issue 5320, p3
Reports developments in the U.K. furniture industry as of January 17, 2003. Number of corporate failures in the sector for the year 2002; Agent of the Danish flatpack firm CMP Furniture; Schedule of the Copyright Spotlight seminar hosted by the Anti Copying in Design group.
- Acid celebrates 50th members' victory. // Cabinet Maker;05/05/2000, Issue 5186, p4
Reports that Anti Copying in Design (ACID) has secured its 50th court victory for Simon Horn Centers which discovered that its French Louis Philippe style cot was being sold in Holland by Babydrome.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2009, Issue 5621, p5
The article offers news briefs related to furniture and design in Great Britain. The Anti Copying in Design (ACID) organization is calling the designers to become more internet protocol (IP) savvy and hints to protect their designs as it conceived that recessions could increase the amount of...
- Original British design is the best. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2008, Issue 5580, p31
An interview with Dids Macdonald, chief executive officer of Anti Copying in Design, is presented. She discusses several ways to prevent plagiarism in furniture design. She states that she never gets bored talking about design, because it is where creativity meets passion and innovative exciting...
- HAVE YOU GOT THE IP X FACTOR? // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2009, Issue 5620, p86
The article discusses the importance of integrating Intellectual Property (IP) strategy to interior designers to ensure confidence in market. Cabinet Maker's Young Designer Awards recognized some of the innovative and imaginative design talent in the furniture industry and in design protection...
- Bombo agreement:. // Cabinet Maker;8/4/2006, Issue 5499, p5
The article reports that Magis which is the Italian manufacturer responsible for the Bombo range of furniture from selling apparent lookalikes. Chief executive of Anti-Copying in Design Dids MacDonald said that it was important for Magis and designer Stefano Giovannoni to protect their...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2007, Issue 5558, p5
The article offers news briefs related to furniture industry in Great Britain. Anti Copying in Design (ACID) has teamed up with mediation service provider CEDR to stage an intellectual property conference looking at the benefits of mediation in disputes. Roger Blaney, Associated Independence...
- Acid's burning desire to see retailers signing its code of conduct. // Design Week;12/19/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p6
Reports on copyright action group Anti Copying in Design's effort to encourage retailers to sign up to its voluntary code of conduct. Aims of the code of conduct; Retailers' policy on intellectual property rights; Lobbying for the group's draft law of unlawful imitation.
- ACID welcomes IP minister's invitation to the UK design sector. // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2011, Issue 5757, p10
The article reports that the Anti Copying in Design (ACID) has welcomed an invitation to the design sector in Great Britain from Baroness Wilcox of the Minister for Intellectual Property (IP) to help develop the future of IP design policy.