Allied sells 29 stores to rival
- Property is key to carpet deal. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the swap deal between Carpetright and Allied Carpets in the carpet industry in Great Britain. Review of the future of bed sales in Allied's remaining stores; Companies' consideration of beds in the new stores' line-up; Deal signifying the importance of retail property.
- Sales errors cost Allied ...3m. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p5
Reports on the cost to bed and carpet retailer Allied Carpets from errors in accounting sales for the year to June 27, 1998. Reflection of completed results in the company's accounts as an exceptional charge to be released by August 28, 1998.
- Allied strikes back as bidders begin talks. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the sales performance and takeover approaches received by bed and carpet group Allied Carpets.
- French opt for continuity. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p5
Focuses on the decision of owner Tapis Saint-Maclou to continue the operations of Allied Carpets in France. Effect of the resignation of company officers; Appointment of Julian Lee as finance director.
- Allied Carpets to test mezzanines. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p3
Reports the plan of Allied Carpets to test a mezzanine store format in England.
- Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets's investigation of its sales policy after admitting that its normal procedure of recognizing sales upon delivery had broke down. Expected amount of the sales misattribution; Suspension of the stock market shares.
- Allied Carpets reviews in U.K. // Adweek Western Edition;12/5/94, Vol. 44 Issue 49, p20
Reports on the advertising agency review of Allied Carpets for its account in Great Britain.
- Early recognition of profit issue laid to rest. // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p159
Reports that Allied Carpets has announced the result of its inquiry into the early recognition of sales and its preliminary results for the 52 weeks ended June 27, 1998. Group's accounting policy for sales recognition; Financial consequences of the outcome of the inquiry.
- Industry holds its breath over Allied's future. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p8
Focuses on the takeover speculations regarding the business of Allied Carpets. Shareholding interest established by venture capital firm Wassall prior to its takeover bid; Financial status of Allied; Other companies interested on Allied. INSETS: The bidders.;Geoff Brady's plans..