- Advantage team 'in place by July' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/11/2004, Issue 2618, p5
Announces that the membership services team of Advantage will be in place by the beginning of July 2004. Other restructuring plans of the organization.
- EShare parent retools. Clement // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/22/99, Vol. 46 Issue 43, p1
Reports that eShare parent Melita International Corp. is restructuring its operations and has assumed the Eshare moniker following flagging financial performance at the Georgia-based firm. Renaming into EShare Technologies; Plans to expand focus beyond its addressable telephony-based market.
- Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Fagiano, David // Management Review;Aug94, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p4
Comments on the debate over structural revision in business organizations. Three areas of agreement by experts; Similarity to downsizing; Reason for failure of business practice; Requirement in a change process.
- How supervisors can use the `critical zone' to revitalize employees after a reorganization. Marshall, Robert; Yorks, Lyle // Supervision;Jul99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p15
Offers advice on how personnel managers should handle employees after a reorganization. Importance of reorganization; Success indicators of reorganization; Discussion on the phases of personal transition among employees after a reorganization.
- Reorganizing the organized mess. // Supervision;Mar90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p14
Discusses ways for reorganizing an organized mess left by a peer, a predecessor or an immediate boss without upsetting people or making them feel like failures. Starting the cleanup process; Summarizing findings; Deciding what direction to take; Morale; Productivity; Quality; Finances; Bottom line.
- Let sacred cows die a natural death. // Supervisory Management;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p3
Offers tips for ending a company tradition or `sacred cow' while keeping productivity losses to a minimum. Letting an outdated procedure or unprofitable product die by attrition; Changing the function of an irrelevant department; Recognition that the sacred cow is mortal; Brainstorming session...
- Downsizing's double-edged sword. Marshall, Jeffrey // U.S. Banker;Feb95, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the impact of downsizing on the company's employees. Challenges of reorganization to middle managers; Individual productivity as defining criterion of managers.
- Enter, slowly, the boardroom temp. Oliver, Judith // Management Today;May94, p56
Reports on hiring of interim managers by underperforming or reorganizing companies in Great Britain. Solution to corporate crises and managerial resourcing problems; Need for specific skills or experience; Bridging the gap created by sudden departure of a senior manager.
- Restructured sales force. // Stone World;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p24
Reports that Custom Building Products has opted to restructure its growing sales force to put more emphasis on its customers.