Simulation as a Teaching Strategy for Nursing Education and Orientation in Cardiac Surgery
- EB47 Cardiac Surgery Specialists: An Innovative Orientation Program for Nurses Caring for Cardiac Surgery Patients. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe29
An abstract of the article "Cardiac Surgery Specialists: An Innovative Orientation Program for Nurses Caring for Cardiac Surgery Patients," by Natalie de Haas-Rowland, Jennifer Ballard-Hernandez and Vanessa Schultz is presented.
- CE Test. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2006, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p32
A quiz concerning the nursing management of cardiac surgery in elderly patients is presented.
- Session 3: EDUCATION AND LEARNING: A new way? Critical care education in the future in Austria; a vision. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
An abstract of the article "A new way? Critical care education in the future in Austria; a vision," by Karin Klas is presented.
- One less hurdle for CCRNs pursuing their BSNs in NY. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Jun96, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p11
Reports that the State University of New York at Brockport has waived its six-credit critical care requirement for those who have already passes the critical care registered nursing (CCRN) exam. Comments from associate professor Sheila Myer.
- Georgetown University. Tighe, Lauren // 21st Century;Oct1999, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on Georgetown University in Georgetown, Washington, D.C. The university is considered as the School of General Studies. Other schools include the McDonough School of Business, the Walsh School of Foreign Service, the School of Nursing and the Faculty of Language...
- Successfully Integrating e-Learning With Critical Care Nursing Education. Jackson, Kathy; King, Kathleen J. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 25, p36
Focuses on the implementation of the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) program of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses in the education of critical care nurses. Reason for the formation of a critical care consortium in the North Broward Hospital District in Florida;...
- Educating Professionals to Care for Older Adults: Multiple lenses and multiple approaches for multiple disciplines. Lane, Annette M.; Hirst, Sandra P. // Indian Journal of Gerontology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p445
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including online courses on gerontological nursing, gerontological nursing practice in acute care and mentoring of palliative care staff.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p78
A directory listing events related to continuing nursing education in the U.S. in 2006 is presented. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing will be offered in Denver, Colorado on September 20-23. Fort Lauderdale, Florida will hold the Wealth of Knowledge 2006 on July 27 and 28. The Quest for Excellence...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p79
A directory of educational events for nurses to be held in 2011 is presented, which includes "It's Complicated" to be held October 13 in Michigan City, Indiana; "Critical Care Certification Cram" to be held October 10-11 in Grand Rapids, Michigan; and "Pediatric Critical Care Nursing" to be held...