A Night Shift Educator
- Attitudes of Professional Jordanian Nurses Toward Continuing Education. Hayajneh, Ferial // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Jan2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p43
Background: Continuing education helps nurses maintain and improve practice and keep up-to-date with rapidly changing health care information. Methods: This descriptive study aimed to identify the attitudes of Jordanian nurses toward continuing education in nursing. A questionnaire was completed...
- EDUCATION AND COLLABORATION: IMPLEMENTATION OF A THORACIC ONCOLOGY SPECIALTY MEETING. O'Rourke, Denise; Metens, Kim // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p573
The many changes in the treatment and care of the thoracic oncology patient have presented an opportunity to provide staff education to keep nurses up to date on the latest trends. This has created the need to explore methods in which to deliver new educational information. A monthly specialty...
- Getting education right for enrolled nurses. Gilmore, Victoria // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p13
Expresses views on the inclusion of enrolled nursing in the health training program in Australia. Scope of the program; Qualifications for the program; Significance of the program to nurses.
- MAKING CHANGES: MEETING KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY NEEDS OF PEDIATRIC NURSES. Carroll, Ellen; Woolery, Myra // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p573
The integration of nurses with a variety of expertise from two separate inpatient units into a combined 25 bed pediatric unit poses many challenges and can be anxiety provoking for some staff. One pediatric unit specialized in the care of hematology/oncology/transplant patients as well as...
- The costs of training a nurse practitioner. // Primary Health Care;Jul2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
The article provides information concerning the cost of training a nurse practitioner (NP) in Great Britain. A study describes a methodology for costing NPs that includes the human capital cost implications of having a skilled NP workforce. By using the methodology, the authors show that the...
- Nursing now at Port Macquarie. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p39
Deals with the nursing courses offered by the University of Newcastle to the residents of Port Macquarie in New South Wales in April 2004.
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;7/27/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p60
The article presents step-by-step instructions for writing a practice profile which can be used by nurses to obtain a certificate of learning.
- Nurses Mentor Nurses. // Medical Meetings;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the mentoring program launched by the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses in Pitman, New Jersey. Aims of the program; Importance of mentoring in retaining nurses; Details of the program.
- HOW TO SHARE THE LEARNING. McBride, Linda // Nursing Standard;9/30/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p62
The article focuses on continuing education in the workplace supported by Britain's Royal College of Nursing (RCN). RCN learning representatives foster the career development of nurses in the workplace and help organisations meet nurses' training needs. The article mentions networking and...