New Frontiers for Critical Care
- Debriefing to improve outcomes from critical illness: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Couper, Keith; Salman, Bilal; Soar, Jasmeet; Finn, Judith; Perkins, Gavin // Intensive Care Medicine;Sep2013, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p1513
Purpose: Intensive care clinicians play a central role in the co-ordination and treatment of patients that develop life-threatening emergencies. This review evaluates the effect of debriefing after life-threatening emergencies and considers the implications for intensive care training and...
- CARE IN THE AIR. Carlowe, Jo // Nursing Standard;1/12/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p18
Two high-flying nurses talk to Jo Carlowe about their new roles as critical care practitioners in an airborne patient retrieval team.
- Advanced Nursing Directives: Integrating Validated Clinical Scoring Systems into Nursing Care in the Pediatric Emergency Department. deForest, Erin Kate; Thompson, Graham Cameron // Nursing Research & Practice;2012, p1
In an effort to improve the quality and flow of care provided to children presenting to the emergency department the implementation of nurse-initiated protocols is on the rise. We review the current literature on nurse-initiated protocols, validated emergency department clinical scoring systems,...
- 'End-of-life' decision making within intensive care-objective, consistent, defensible? Ravenscroft, Andrew J.; Bell, M. D. Dominic // Journal of Medical Ethics;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p435
Objective--To determine the objectivity, consistency and professional unanimity in the initiation, continuation and withdrawal of life-prolonging procedures in intensive care--to determine methods, time-scale for withdrawal and communication with both staff and relatives--to explore any...
- Coding for critical care: Timing is everything. // ED Management;Nov2008, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p125
The article offers instructions for proper documentation and billing of emergency departments' critical care division.
- From the Editor. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 22, preceding p1
The article discusses the report about managing anemia in critically ill patients and the role played by critical care nurses in their care.
- Briefs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p35
Presents updates on issues related to critical care nursing in Australia as of October 2000. Observations made by nurses from Flinders University in South Australia; Causes of stress among postgraduate critical care nurses; Emergency services for children with special health care needs.
- INTENSIVE CARE UNITS "WITHOUT WALLS" - CONCEPT "OUTREACH. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
An abstract of the article "Intensive Care Units Without Walls - Concept Outreach," by Gordana DragoÅ¡ev, Petar MirkoviÄ‡, and Sofija AlijeviÄ‡ is presented.
- Audit Commission calls for improvements to critical care. White, Caroline // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/30/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7218, p1152
Reports on the critical care services in England and Wales. Cost of critical care in England and Wales; Mortality in intensive care units in England and Wales.