Some Voting Twists
- Mayor Vs. Mayor. Schurr, Amanda // Just Out;7/17/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p12
The article reports on the Community to Recall Sam Adams campaign led by Jasun Wurster in Portland, Oregon on July 7, 2009. It cites that organizers collected signatures from registered Portland voters who want Adams to be recalled for the reasons listed on SEL 350. It adds that they aim to...
- Mr. (and Ms.) November. Davis, Marty // Just Out;9/17/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p3
The article presents the author's views concerning the issues in Portland, Oregon such as politics and LGBT communities. The author is critical on the 2010 election in Portland and discussed various issues faced by the state including job creation, budget issues and street maintenance. She also...
- VIDEO: East Portland Champion Jefferson Smith Runs for Mayor of Portland. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);2011, p1
The article focuses on the mayoral campaign of East Portland champion Jefferson Smith in Portland, Oregon. It mentions that Smith wants the mayor's job because local government is best placed to solve the serious problems encountering neighborhood across the entire city. Moreover , the entry of...
- Here comes the tow truck. Zeman, N. // Newsweek;1/29/90, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p12
Talks about two Portland, Oreg., ordinances that allow police to seize vehicles from drivers who lose their licenses for drunk-driving convictions, and those of pimps and johns.
- The art of the possible. Davis, Marty // Just Out;8/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p3
Comments on homosexuality and politics in the Portland, Oregon. Acceptance of homosexuality; Election news; Presence of positive gay and lesbian role models.
- Portland. // FW;3/14/95, Vol. 164 Issue 7, p57
Presents `Financial World' magazine's ranking of Portland, Oregon in terms of city management under mayor Vera Katz. Moody's and Standard & Poor's bond ratings; Strict financial policies; Coordinated management under a commission form of government; Data tools in the making of decisions;...
- Citizen surveys: Portland. // FW;2/1/94, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p46
Discusses the Portland, Oregon federal government's annual survey given to its citizens in an effort to appraise and thus improve city programs. Giving signals how programs are working; Focus on problems which need attention; Future plans to take the process further.
- ASK BIKE COMMUTER BETTY. Betty // Boneshaker: A Bicycling Almanac;2015, p126
The article offers information on bike commuter Betty, who left Portland, Oregon and moved to some small town in the desert Southwest. It reveals how Betty misses cultural amenities of Portland such as cafes and bookstores and the 128 Boneshaker cooperative grocery stores. It also mentions...
- Identifying Individual Discount Rates and Valuing Public Open Space with Stated-Preference Models. Kovacs, Kent F.; Larson, Douglas M. // Land Economics;May2008, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p209
An individual's rate-of-time-preference is an important consideration for individuals deciding whether to support a public good, since the benefits of a public good often come in the future. Our study finds individual discount rates from a contingent valuation method (CVM) question where the...