Port's Monopoly Money
- Prices Slip a Bit Ahead of Heavier Week in Primary. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses a positive sign in municipal bond market as it started a more active week of new issues as a drop in new home sales was not sufficient to take tax-exempt and government bonds higher, after widespread expectations of more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board. The Bond...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Focuses on the weak performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the March 30, 2004 session. Amount of new issues in the market; Total worth of Florida-based Miami-Dade County's aviation revenue and revenue refunding bond offerings on behalf of Miami International Airport.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...