N.Y. Schools Suffer Near-Record Number of Budget Rejections
- Moore Requests. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p37
Reports on the poll initiative to raise budget for the construction of a new high school and a variety of projects for the Moore Independent School District No. 2 in Oklahoma.
- The state-appointed administrator of the Richmond, Calif., school district has released a five-year financial-recovery program for the troubled district. // Education Week;2/5/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p2
The article reports that the state-appointed administrator of the Richmond, California school district has issued a financial recovery program for the district. The plan requires the superintendent and the school board to develop a manageable budget for the school year and to inform employees of...
- Cost-Cutting Measures to Impact Workers, Schools. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p13
The article reports that the board of Poway Unified School District in California has approved the budget for the 2008-2009 fiscal year, which will begin on July 1. The new budget includes a $259 million fund for expenditures and a $10.7 million savings from cost-cutting measures. The services...
- Number of Troubled Calif. Schools May Be on the Rise. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p1
Predicts that more K-12 schools in California will fall short on their projected budgets in 2001, according to a second expert on state public schools. Implications for the state school district's credit ratings; Results of an interim state report on the financial health of school districts in...
- Schools on the Mend. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p35
The article reports that according to a report issued by the Illinois State Board of Education, school districts in the state are performing better financially, with fewer budget shortfalls. The report divides districts into four categories.
- Feds aren't living up to education funding promises. Shippentower, Rosenda // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on the funding of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) for the education of Umatilla tribal member students. It states that the CTUIR has provided statements to Congressional representatives which suggests that treaty obligations must stay in the...
- Massachusetts School District Readies $37.4M of GO Bans for Next Month. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p4
The article reports on the preparation of Regional School District to competitively sell its multi-million general obligation bond anticipation notes to help finance a high school project in Raynham, Massachusetts. It will offer the fixed-rate notes on January 11 through i-Deal's Parity...
- School Reserves. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p31
Reports on the issuance of reserves for several school districts after efforts made to reopen school funding lawsuit in Arkansas.
- Ohio's Marysville School District Gets Bond Levy Approval, Nets State Funds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p4
Reports on the result of the election aimed at giving bond levy to school districts in Ohio. Percentage of the ballots that gained approval from the voters; Failure of the Cleveland City Schools to succeed in its attempt to raise an operating levy; Value of the bond issuance approved by voters...