Jobless Claims Rise 12,000 to 345,000
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;Feb2004, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p11
Presents statistics from the United States Department of Commerce on the status of the labor force in the country as of February 2004. Decline of employment; Unemployment rate; Selected measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs; Average earnings in terms of week and hours;...
- Algunos indicadores del mercado de trabajo. Triana, Jaime Botello // Anï¿½lisis Econï¿½mico;2011, Vol. 26 Issue 63, p247
An analysis taking into account some of Mexico's labour market indicators for the first decade of the 21st century is carried out. Initially, a macroeconomic examination is made under two criteria, growth and inflation. Statistical measurements are presented regarding employment and wages....
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2002, p12
Focuses on labor market conditions in the U.S. as of December 2001. Average monthly nonfarm employment change; Labor market indicators; Initial unemployment insurance claims across industries.
- Jobless Claims Gain 20,000 to 350,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in Washington. Description of the applications figure; Percentage of the seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate in the week ended October 16, 2004.
- Jobless Claims Dip 7,000 to 298,000. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p2
The article reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ended July 22, 2006. According to figures released by the United States Labor Department on July 27, 2006, jobless claims declined 7,000 to 298,000. The article reveals that the seasonally...
- Labour Market Update. // Labour Market Trends;Aug2004, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p299
Presents updates on the labor market in Great Britain as of July 14, 2004. Decrease in the employment rate in three months up to May 2004; Fixed claimant count rate in June 2004; Economic inactivity rate among people of working age.
- Key data. // Labour Market Trends;Jan2005, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p9
Presents a chart of labor market in the Great Britain in 2004. Employment; Unemployment; Claimant count.
- IV. Improving labour market outcomes for marginal groups. // OECD Economic Surveys: New Zealand;Dec2003 Supplement 3, Vol. 2003, p114
Discusses the labor market position of marginal groups or jobless individuals who want to be employed and the unemployment benefit system for the groups in New Zealand. Employment rate in the region; Features of the social assistance systems for marginal groups; Impact of raising the minimum...
- Highlights of the Texas Labor Force. // Texas Labor Market Review;Apr2012, p10
The article highlights the labor force and market in Texas. It states that the unemployment rate in Texas recorded its lowest rate in 35 months 7%. It notes that the labor force added 68,300 individuals in March 2012 and that the estimated level of labor force in Texas was 12,532,100. It notes...