Keeping Up at Home
- Cablevision 'Glitch' Stirs the Hill. // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the problem discovered by Cablevision Systems Corp. that some subscribers were unable to digitally record basic programs on their digital television sets. Inquiry conducted on the problem.
- Cablevision Revamps iO Digital Offer. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p18
Reports the changes in pricing structure of digital cable service of Cablevision Systems Corp. Effort of the company to make the subscription charge affordable; Details on the subscription on-demand services of Cablevision; Features of the digital-basic package.
- Cablevision goes high-end digital. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p50
Reports on the launching of the digital television services of CableVision Systems Corp. in Long Island, New York. Number of set-top boxes scheduled for introduction; Phases of the digital television offering according to executives.
- Watch ad costs tumble in digital TV revolution. Patterson, Willie // Marketing Week;3/11/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p16
Discusses the impact of the arrival of digital television on commercial makers and advertisers in Great Britain. Potential competition faced by advertisers from programmers and interactive options in split-screen formats; Benefits of producing advertisements in digital resolution; Need for...
- Adworkshop leads discussion on advanced digital TV advertising. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 146, p3
The article reports on the discussion of Adworkshop on advanced digital television (TV) advertising in New York.
- Choices may make DTV but break ads. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p3
Reports on a study of the impact of digital television on advertising concludes that the choice brought about by the proliferation of digital channels will eventually kill advertising. Impact of electronic program guides to viewers; Strategies used by broadcasters designed to maximize exposure...
- Targeting digital TV ads is the stuff of sci-finightmares. Davies, Russell // Campaign (UK);10/22/2010, Issue 42, p18
In this article, the author forecasts the digital television advertisement industry from 2018 to 2030 in Great Britain.
- Is there a pony in there somewhere? Burger // SHOOT;11/27/98, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p4
Discusses how television advertisements will be affected with the advent of digital television (DTV). Erosion of the market with the entry of cable and the Internet; Challenges and opportunities of DTV.
- Interactive TV little threat to television advertising, MediaCom reports. Conley, Clare // Campaign;8/17/2001, Issue 33, p8
Reports the impact of interactive television on television advertising. Rate of interactive TV viewership during daytime; Concerns of advertisers on the possible effect of interactive TV on TV advertising; Factor motivating viewers to switch into interactive programming.