Ciena Closes on IP, Focuses on Cable
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p80
Presents several news briefs related to cable television as of February 2004. Details of a deal between nCUBE Corp. and Bresnan Communications Inc.; Announcement of the topics of the National Technology Sessions by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association; Information on the plan of...
- Internet Photonics Tweaks GigE Product Line. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p45
Reports that Internet Photonics Inc. has designed a video-multiplexing and conversion gateway for cable operators to provide video-on-demand. Design of devices to provide links between Digital Broadcast Video-Asynchronous Serial Interface units and Gigabite Ethernet; Advantages of the system.
- IPI'S LIGHTSTACK VOD TACK. // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p37
Focuses on LightStack video-on-demand tack from Internet Photonics. Significance of the product to cable operators; Features of LightStack; Advantage of using LightStack.
- A no-brainer for the FCC. // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p9
Editorial. Focuses on the merger plan of AT&T and Comcast. Opinion of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the merger plan; Impact of the merger on small cable company; Purpose of the merger.
- RespondTV Accelerates with Vendor Buyout. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on the acquisition of AccelerateTV by RespondTV Inc., a cable television network based in San Francisco, California. Implications for the enhanced-television package of RespondTV; Retention of AccelerateTV employees and other facilities; Plan to offer applications to AT&T Broadband.
- Cable's urge to merge unabated. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the growth of cable system mergers and acquisitions in the United States, based on a research by Daniels & Associates. Projections for 1996; Figures on transactions; Small operators' withdrawal from the industry.
- The cablers. Dempsey, John; Nix, Jennifer; Morgan, Richard // Variety;04/20/98, Vol. 370 Issue 10, p22
Presents several news briefs pertaining to cable television companies and other related topics in the United States as of April 20-26, 1998. Turner Broadcasting System's payment for licensing New Line Cinema's `Lost in Space'; Merger between Renaissance Media and Time Warner; Compensations of...
- Liberty postpones deal with DT. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;8/30/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 64, p5
Reports the delay of the acquisition of Deutsche Telekom's cable system by Liberty Media in Germany. Attempt of Liberty Media for a renegotiation of favorable terms on a weak financial position and a falling stock price; Schedule for the approval of the deal; Need of Deutsche Telekom to pay...
- PAYBOX MERGER OK'D. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;5/14/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 53, p6
Reports the merger between Telepiu and Stream in Italy. Provisions of the deal; Acquisition on the soccer rights of Telepiu; Citation on the conditions of the merger.