IP Telephony Could Lift Sales
- Cablevision Tries VoIP Using Its Own Switch. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to buy an Internet-protocol telephony soft switch as part of a voice-over-IP test (VoIP). Use of soft switches; Purpose of designing VoIP test.
- Cablevision's next act: wireless? Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/9/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p1A
Reports on the plan of Cablevision Systems to be able to compete with other companies specializing Internet protocol telephony. Increased competition in voice, video and the Internet; Addition of cellular to its triple play of television, broadband and voice.
- Lining Up Small Firms. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p31
Provides information on the reorganization plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. for its Lightpath business-telecommunications unit as of June 13, 2005. Reason for renaming the business unit; Characterisitc of the small business market that influences Cablevision to focus on it; Benefits gained by...
- Cablevision Ready to Roll Out VoIP. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Cablevision Systems Corp. is coming out with an aggressive plan to roll the Internet-protocol telephony technology out to its entire Optimum Online high-speed data footprint by the third quarter of this year, as of June 2003. The rollout, which will turn up a telephony service passing 3.1...
- Dolan Strikes Out in Red Sox Bid. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p2
Reports the failure of Cablevision Systems Corp. in acquiring Boston Red Sox, a major league baseball franchise in the United States. Purchase agreement between Florida Marlins, Tom Werner and The New York Times Co.; Sale of Florida Marlins to Montreal Expos; Maximization of advertising revenues.
- Cablevision Has Plans for Spectrum. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p25
Reports the plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to build wireless-telephone service in New York, New York. Possibility of bond selling relative to the expansion plans of the company; Perspectives shared by Chairman Charles Dolan; Status of the cash-flow of the company.
- Talkin' VoIP: First or Second Line? Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Presents an update on voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) networks and the cable industry in the U.S. as of March 2001. Plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to roll out a trial on Long Island, New York; Issue on whether to provide back-up powering to VoIP; Views on the financial aspect of offering...
- Basic Subscribership: Growth Is Back. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
Offers observations on the growth of basic-cable service in the U.S. Reason behind the growth; Advantages of the voice-over Internet protocol service; Increase in the number of basic subscribers of cable provider Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Cablevision's Optimum Voice to face new rivals. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/28/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p6A
Focuses on the competition to be faced by Cablevision Systems Inc.'s Optimum Voice Internet Telephony service in the United States. Number of the service's subscribers; Call Vantage Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service launched by AT&T; Total subscribers of Vonage; Features of the VoIP...