Rainbow Needs More Credit
- Cablevision to spin off Rainbow. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;12/17/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 53, p2
The article reports on the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s board of directors to spin off its Rainbow Media Holdings LLC's unit in Great Britain.
- Rainbow to fly solo? Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;11/19/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 35, p1
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. will disjoint its Rainbow Media Holdings LLC entertainment group and its divestiture would be structured as a tax-free distribution to shareholders.
- Cablevision execs have history. Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/27/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 31, p2
Two former Time Warner Cable Inc. executives are being brought back together, but this time at Cablevision Systems Corp. Cablevision promoted Tom Rutledge to chief operating officer, a newly created position, and John Bickham will succeed Rutledge as president of Cablevision's cable and...
- Tracking Rainbows. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/02/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 14, p37
Reports that Cablevision Systems has spun off Rainbow Media in the midst of a slowdown in the United States economy. Reliance of Cablevision on advertising revenues; Portion of revenues from license fees; Value of Cablevision stocks after the spin-off; Stake purchased by MGM in Rainbow...
- Rainbow spinoff poses cash crunch. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/13/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spinoff Rainbow Media Enterprises in the U.S. Citation of the financial challenges faced by Cablevision; Amount of the outstanding debt load of Rainbow; Efforts of Cablevision to finance its Voom satellite broadcasting platform.
- Cablevision fine-tunes spinoff plan. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/2/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 20, p6
Reports the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spinoff its Rainbow Media Corp. satellite and cable programming division in the United States. Listing documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Financing for Rainbow Media and Voom DBS entity; Limitations on the...
- Dolan: Rainbow Spins in 4th Quarter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p37
Reports on the delay in Cablevision Systems Corporation's planned spinoff of Rainbow Media Enterprises which was originally set on September 30, 2004. Terms and consequences of the spinoff; Speculation on the resignation of several senior executives; Implications of the resignations for the...
- WILL RAINBOW UNPLUG CABLE? Dempsey, John; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p1
Reports on the decision of executive Chuck Dolan to spin off Rainbow Media Corp. into a separate company from Cablevision Systems Corp.'s cable systems based in New York City. Effect of spinning off Rainbow on the value of Cablevision's premier programming, sports, and entertainment properties;...
- Rainbow Meet Delayed, Suitor Speculation Rises. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p3
Reports on industry speculation generated by the decision of United States-based Cablevision Systems Corp. to postpone a November 10, 2000 shareholder meeting on its Rainbow Media Group Inc. tracking stock. Possibility that Cablevision is weighing outside offers for its programming arm;...