Scoops In the Sunshine State
- WB11 news show dusted in sweeps. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p3
No abstract available.
- News blues ensues. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p30
Reports ratings of cable television news networks in the United States. Decrease of Cable News Networks total day ratings; Prediction of improved ratings by Erik Sorenson, vice president and general manager of MSNBC; Impact of personality-driven shows on CNBC evening programming.
- ABC, NBC Labor to win holiday sesh. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/6/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 3, p6
Reports ratings of television programs in the United States as of August 27 to September 1, 2001 in the United States. Statistic on the evening news rating; List of programs included in the ratings; Comparison on the performance of television networks.
- 'Today' tops ayemers; 'GMA' has best gains. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;1/28/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 42, p23
Reports on the ratings of morning television news programs in the U.S. for the week ended January 27, 2002. Viewers watching 'Today'; Percentage increase in total viewers for 'Good Morning America'; Decline in the ratings of 'Early Show.'
- 'Nightly News' keeps top status in ratings. Offman, Craig // Daily Variety;9/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 81, p5
Reports on the ratings of news television programs in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2002. Dominance of 'Nightly News' in the race; Average viewers for the 'Evening News'; Growth in year-to-year ratings for 'world News Tonight.'
- tv's magazine shakeout. Mirabella, Alan // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p11
Reports on a decline in television newsmagazine program ratings. Audience preference for one-hour dramas; Proliferation of newsmagazines in 1994; Divisions among an affinity audience; Impact of multiple newsmagazines on news programs.
- NBC fights off CBS' challenge. // Electronic Media;02/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Highlights the victory of NBC Incorporated's `Nightly News,' in the network news ratings race in the United States, in a week in which CBS Incorporated telecasted the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan. Ratings for NBC, ABC Incorporated and CBS.
- WNYW pulls new surprise. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/25/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 62, p1
Reports on television ratings of several primetime news channels of the United States. Reason for the failure of news channel WNYW; Decline in ratings of WCBS from May 2000 to 2001; Position of WNBC and WABC in the ratings; Improvement in ratings of Spanish-language television stations in New York.
- NEWS RATING / FEB. 2002. // Electronic Media;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the rating of television news programs in the U.S. Categorization of the TV programs; Comparison among the ratings garnered by the stations; Domination of the programs of the National Broadcasting Co among the programs included in the ranking.