The House that Newhouse Built
- The Strategic Path for Achieving Market Leadership within an Innovation-Driven Industry-The HDTV Case Example. Coffinet, Jean-Pierre; Nemec Jr., Joseph // Interfaces;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p49
A winning competitive strategy for an innovation like high definition TV depends on formulating a proper long-term vision of an accessible market goal and of the possible paths leading to it. Two dimensions are of major importance in selecting the optimum path: the importance of barriers to the...
- Bright House's Headquarters. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p28
Focuses on multiple systems operator Bright House Networks' Florida Group. Role of John Rigsby in the Florida Group; Approach of its Tampa and Central Florida divisions to video-on-demand architecture; Number of the group's high definition subscribers; Competition facing the company in the region.
- TWC, Bright House OK Pace HD box. // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p8
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. and Bright House Networks approved DC-550 high definition set-top from Pace Micro Technology Americas for system deployment. Deployment of the product in several markets; Key features.
- Premiere Pins Hopes On HD. // Satellite News;3/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p4
Presents an interview with Hans Seger, chief programming officer of satellite pay television operator Premiere, on the high definition (HD) marketing strategy of the firm. Perspective on the significance of HD television for Premiere; Business model of Premiere for HD services in Germany;...
- THEY SAID IT. // Home Media Retailing;3/19/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p11
Presents several quotes from notable people in the home video retailing industry. Remarks from Warner Home Video President Ron Sanders on possible delays in launching high definition DVD; Comments from Gary Arnold, senior vice president of Best Buy on the lack of an overall strategy for music DVD.
- Sweetening the HD Deal. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p2
The article focuses on the promotion launched by Verizon across the U.S., particularly in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, and parts of the Midwest. The promotion is taken by giving away free high definition television offer that is set to run through December 15, 2007. The offer...
- Broadcasters Corner: Sky Deutschland CEO Sees New Era for Operator. // VIA Satellite;11/1/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p8
The article presents an interview with Mark Williams, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of satellite pay-television (TV) operator Sky Deutschland, formerly Premiere. He discusses challenges to making Sky Deutschland profitable. He also describes his plan to sell new pay-TV services in Germany. He...
- ESPN. // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on investments made by the cable television network ESPN on high-definition (HD) programming, through the launch of new HD channels and the expansion of its HD event coverage. Vice president of strategic business planning and development Bryan Burns cited the coverage of over...
- BATTLE OF THE BANDWIDTH. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;5/12/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p36
The article reports on the move of some companies to address the growth of high definition video on demand (HD VOD) in the U.S. Comcast Corp. and Verizon Communications plan to offer over 1,000 HD titles by the end of 2008 as well as capacity for 75 linear networks in 2008 and 100 in 2009....