Sales Reps Go for Olympic Gold
- Games Deliver for NBC's Cable Networks. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p52
Reports on the ratings garnered by cable networks of NBC for their coverage of the 2004 Athens Olympics in Greece. Increase in the rating of USA Network; Growth in the rating of CNBC.
- All Olympics, All the Time. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the decision of NBC to divide its 2004 Olympics TV coverage with several cable stations. Difficulty of NBC to accommodate the TV coverage of the 2004 Olympic games; Coverage of boxing and other sports to be managed by CNBC and MSNBC; Information on the Olympics Web site of NBC.
- HD Olympic Holdouts. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/14/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the failure of several cable systems to carry the high-definition (HD) television signal of their local NBC affiliate in the U.S., which will prevent them from marketing the 2004 Summer Olympics in HD. Programming schedule of NBC for the Summer Olympics coverage; Cable operators that...
- Becoming the Place for Sports. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p26
Focuses on the changes made by ESPN cable television network to broaden its scope of television programming. Advantages from the implementation of the cross-platform buying approach; Series of multiplatform deals forged by the network; Initiative of the company to customize advertising for its...
- Let's Waive the Flag-Waving. Rosenberg, Howard // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 32, p29
Discusses the possible attitude of cable television (TV) network NBC Universal for the 2004 Athens, Greece Olympics U.S. TV coverage. Cable TV networks affiliated with NBC, which will broadcast the games through August 29, 2004; Information on the bias attitude of NBC towards covering U.S....
- CSTV Network's College Spirit; Early Test Coming for MLS. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p18
Provides information on the marketing strategies implemented by CSTV Network to promote its college sports cable television programming in the U.S. Difference of its marketing strategy with those launched by ESPNU and Fox College Sports according to Brian Bedol, CSTV president and CEO; Details...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry as of April 21, 2003. Change in the name of The National Network which will take effect on June 16; Advertising commitments received by Hallmark Channel; Plans to launch The Tennis Channel with coverage of the Tennis Masters series on May 15.
- NBC holds line on Olympic time. Lafayette, Jon // Advertising Age;8/2/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the efforts of TV network NBC to sell advertising airtime during the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Firm stand advocated by the network on the airtime despite reported low demand for last-minute Olympic commercials; Profit expected by NBC to be generated from the event;...
- TV and Web Coverage. Crupi, Anthony; Shields, Mike // Brandweek;1/18/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p21
The article examines plans for television broadcasting and Webcasting of the 2010 Winter Olympics by U.S. broadcasting firm NBC Universal. The company will present over 500 hours of programming from the event on the NBC Television Network and four of its cable television networks. It will offer...