VoIP Price War On?
- Rutledge: VoIP's No Worry. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p42
Focuses on the perception of Tom Rutledge, chief operating officer of Cablevision Systems Corp., on the competitors of the company in the voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) sector. Views on Vonage Holdings Corp.; Readiness of Cablevision to compete in the VoIP sector; Overview of Cablevision's...
- The US Will Drive Global Cable VoIP Markets This Year. // Microwaves & RF;Sep2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the market growth for voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) in the U.S. Contribution of voice providers such as Vonage and mobile switching offices (MSO) to the VoIP market; Application of circuit switched solutions in MSO; Plan of Time Warner to make VoIP service available.
- Verizon Slashes VoIP Prices. // TelecomWeb News Digest;5/4/2006, p3
This article reports on the decision of Verizon to cut the price of its voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service to match that of Vonage. The action was taken as a defensive move that could spark a price war. The carrier also eliminated discounts for its broadband subscribers, pricing its...
- MINNESOTA RULING ON VONAGE MAY HAVE BROAD IMPLICATIONS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;10/27/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 21, p14
Discusses the court decision that prevents Minnesota Public Utilities Commission from forcing Vonage Inc. to register as a telecommunications provider to voice services in Minnesota. Classification of Vonage; Implication of the decision for voice-over internet protocol (VoIP) providers;...
- Vonage tailors VoIP for small firms. Greene, Tim // Network World;6/23/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p33
Reports on bargain bundles of services for small businesses announced by Vonage, a flat-fee Internet telephony carrier known for catering to residential customers. Small Business Basic service for customer sites with broadband Internet connections; Savings customers can realize by using...
- ADVANTAGE, VONAGE? WE'LL SEE. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p52
Reports on Digital Voice, a broadband voice over IP product of Vonage Holdings Corp. Advantage of the Vonage product; Access to the Digital Voice service features of the product; Information on how the Vonage service is initiated; Customers signed by the company.
- Big Growth Expected For VOIP Services. // Business Communications Review;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p6
The article presents information on expected market growth for voice over IP (VOIP) services. According to Infonetics Research Inc. the carrier revenues from VOIP services will grow by more than 18 times from last year to 2009. Vonage Inc. is the market share leader, followed by Cablevision...
- Room To Zoom. Rutledge, Tom; Bickham, John // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p50
Interviews Tom Rutledge and John Brickham of Cablevision Systems Corp. Developments of the company; Reason of Cablevision for moving into voice-over-Internet protocol; Information on how the company deals with satellite competition.
- Confidence in Cable Bundle Builds. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p2
The article reports on the growth improvement of the U.S multi-system operators (MSO) in the third quarter with respect to cord cutting. Topics discussed include video-subscriber growth in media firms Comcast and Charter Communications, views of telecommunications analyst Craig Moffett on...