Amping Up for Young Men
- PBS Adds New Kids Block. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;6/21/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the after-school programming block of PBS to provide more educational entertainment for early-elementary-school-aged children in the U.S. starting October 11, 2004. Age bracket of the target audience; Programs included; Motivations behind the programming expansion.
- All in the Family. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;3/31/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p38
The article discusses family-friendly television programming. While crime-solving procedurals and racy reality television programs are alluring to programming executives, the author stresses that family-friendly programs are a staple of any television lineup. These shows offer advertisers a...
- UN's digital bows. // Daily Variety;10/28/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 19, p6
Reports that TLN Telelatino, an ethnic specialty channel, will launch three premium Italian digital television channels in one package in Canada in November 2004.
- VANITIES. // Vanity Fair;Jan2005, Issue 533, p72
Features the TV program "The Magazine" in the U.S. Description of one episode titled "Lunch-with-Hitchens Challenge;" Accusation made to Edwin Coaster for sabotaging the TV franchise in the telephone; Response of Leslie Moonves, chairman and CEO of CBS TV network, regarding the matter.
- In the Life interviews Howard Dean, looks at circuit parties, lesbian rabbis. // Empty Closet;Feb2004, Issue 365, pB1
Reviews the television program "In the Life."
- passions: Doctor Who. // BOYZ;12/11/2008, Issue 902, p78
The article focuses on the television program "Doctor Who." The show was originally made as a children's program, but it became more adult over the years. The author shares his experience of attending a "Doctor Who" convention in Newcastle, England. The author was amazed to see the age span of...
- friends till the end. // Cosmo Girl;May2004, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p52
Presents a quiz about the episodes and cast of the television program "Friends."
- Here's to Local Yokels. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p49
Presents an article on the concept of the variety show "Gimme the Mike!," from Post-Newsweek. Views on local television in the U.S.
- THE FACTUAL COMMISSION. // Televisual;Winter2004 Supplement, p19
Focuses on reality television programs in London, England. Opportunities for growth of the reality television business; Inspiration of ideas through slot-driven and commission-driven approaches; Development fund by the television broadcaster.