VOD With Advertisements: That's RipeTV
- A 'TiVo-Proof' Ad Model. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p25
Reports on the 2004 launch of RipeTV, the first advertisement-supported on-demand network in the U.S. Comments from Ryan Magnussen, RipeTV CEO; Target market of the network; Approach taken by the network on its advertisements; Core component of RipeTV.
- Media Morph: Ripe TV. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;10/24/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 43, p39
Provides information on a video-on-demand service aimed at young males which will be launched on October 28, 2005. Estimated number of viewers attracted by the service during trials on Comcast in July and August; Information on Ripe Digital Entertainment CEO Ryan Magnussen and President Patrick...
- Targeting Ads, Drawing Looks. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p1
Deals with the efforts of Comcast Corp. to focus on individually targeted advertising over its cable platform. Action taken by the company to collect information about the viewing habits of subscribers; Analysis of the trend in video-on-demand viewing; Technology used by the company to provide...
- Ripe Digital Is a Plum Pick. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p37
The article reports on the cash infusion received by Ripe Digital Entertainment for its video-on-demand (VOD) networks launching. The media company, which is the parent company of RipeTV VOD network, received $32 million in venture funding that it will use for the launching of VOD networks and...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // B&T Weekly;12/1/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2592, p2
The article presents news briefs relevant to advertising and marketing in Australia compiled as of December 2006. Foxtel has launched its digital video-on-demand service citing its plans for a broadband television pilot and technology to allow the recording of television programs. Jaguar...
- Dynamic Ads Show Potential. // Multichannel News;3/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that a panel session at the Multichannel News/Broadcasting and Cable (B&C) Advanced Advertising event held in March 2012 highlights the advantage obtained by television (TV) advertisers, distributors, and programmers from dynamic advertisement insertion in video on demand (VOD).
- TELEVISION GETS TARGETED. Paul, Pamela // American Demographics;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the potential role of video-on-demand (VOD) in reaching select television (TV) audiences with targeted marketing messages in the U.S. as of 2002. Technological, legal and business concerns regarding VOD advertising; Procedure on how viewers can rent movies on TV using VOD;...
- Logos Herald New Starz Alignment. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p22
Reports on a rebranding strategy launched by Starz Entertainment Group LLC for its television networks in the U.S. Goal of the rebranding efforts by the company; Significance of the strategy to the video-on demand offering of the company; Target market of the strategy.
- Project Canvas set to attract TV ad budgets. Kimberley, Sara // Marketing (00253650);6/23/2010, p7
The article discusses the Project Canvas, a collaboration among television companies and channel including British Broadcasting Corp., ITV and Channel 4, which will allows the video-on-demand (VOD) to be integrated on television and online advertising and marketing.