Basic Cable Poised to Win the Year
- THE PRIME TIME RACE. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p18
Presents the household ratings for prime time cable television programs in the U.S. from July 5 to 11, 2004 from Nielsen Media Research. Top ten basic cable shows; Top broadcast networks; Top ten broadcast shows.
- NIELSEN REPORT. // Daily Variety;3/31/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 68, p19
Presents charts showing the ratings of U.S. television shows for the week March 22-28, 2004, as surveyed by Nielsen Media Research. Primetime ratings; Top cable nets for ages 18 to 49; Top shows for ages 25 to 54; Ratings for the shows of ABC, Fox, UPN, WB, NBC, CBS and HBO.
- NIELSEN RATINGS REPORT June 20-26, 2005. // Daily Variety;6/29/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 63, p15
Presents the Nielsen ratings report for television programs broadcast during the week of June 20 to 26, 2005 in the United States. Top 25 shows in the 18-49 demographic; Top shows in the 25-54 viewer segment; Top cable networks; Evening news; Primetime television; American Broadcasting Co.; Fox...
- NIELSEN SEPT. 25 - OCT. 1 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/9/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 40, p42
The article presents charts listing Nielsen television ratings for prime time programming for the week of September 25-October 1, 2006. The ratings for all network broadcasts between 8-11 p.m. for the week are given, as are the top 10 rated cable programs, and the overall average ratings for...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p19
Presents statistics on the cable broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of July 2004 from Nielsen Media Research. Household ranking for commercial television stations; Subscription rates for cable and direct broadcast satellite services; Ratings per share of prime time television programs.
- Cable's Clean Sweep. Becker, Anne; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the audience share lost by broadcast to cable networks in 2004, according to analyses of Nielsen Media Research data by Turner Broadcasting and NBC in the U.S. Percentage of prime time viewers gained by cable networks; Reasons for the gains according to cable-industry executives;...
- Veteran Shows Push Best Q3 Ever. Hibberd, James // Television Week;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p5
Focuses on the performance of prime time television programs aired on cable networks in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004 according to Nielsen Media Research. Television programs that generated high levels of viewership; Rating status of freshman shows; Information on smaller networks with...
- A Year of 'Bests' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p6
The article reports on the ratings of television programs in the U.S. in 2007. According to Turner Research analysis of Nielsen Media Research data, advertiser-supported cable maintained its lead over broadcast, averaging a 57.2 share of primetime viewing, a three percent increase from 2006....
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p2
The article focuses on the coverage of the National Basketball Association playoffs which helped Turner Network Television (TNT) score the highest ratings of 2.42 million for the third straight week, as of May 2006. The former highest network, USA, placed second, followed by the Disney Channel....