Liberty Media Eyes an Asset-Stock Swap
- QVC board OK's merger bid from Comcast and Liberty. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the decision of QVC Network Inc.'s board of directors to accept the acquisition bid of Comcast Corp. and Liberty Media Corp. Possible termination of QVC chairman Barry Diller after the merger; Stocks of the three companies as of August 4, 1994; Comments by Paine Webber securities...
- QVC sold, Diller leaving? // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep94, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the sale of QVC Network Inc. to Comcast Corp. and Liberty Media. Rate of takeover bid.
- Team bid for QVC. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;7/25/94, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p1
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s acceptance of Liberty Media Corp. as a partner in its bid to acquire QVC Network Incorporated. Terms of the partnership.
- QVC inks buyout to shareholders. // Discount Store News;8/15/94, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p2
Reports on teleshopper QVC's agreement for a buyout by two of its shareholders, cable operator Liberty Media and Comcast Corp. Value of share accepted by QVC.
- Liberty Wants QVC Breakup. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p6
Focuses on difference of opinion between television broadcasting companies Liberty Media Corp. and Comcast regarding their stakes in home-shopping company QVC Inc. Dilemma of Liberty Media Corp. president over the deal of shares in QVC Inc.; Reason behind the decision of Liberty Media Corp.;...
- QVC TO BE AT LIBERTY. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/4/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 42, p7
Reports on the announcement of the ownership change of QVC Inc. by Liberty Media Corp. in the U.S. Appraisal period for QVC; Joint ownership of QVC by Liberty and Comcast Corp.; Condition on the failure of the companies to agree on a value for QVC.
- MALONE, QVC TALKING SHOP. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;2/21/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 35, p1
Reports on Liberty Media Corp.'s plan to acquire QVC Network Inc. in the U.S. QVC joint venture between Liberty and Comcast Corp.; Amount of Comcast's share in QVC; Number of QVC subscribers in the country.
- Liberty Votes to Buy Back Shares. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/08/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p38
Reports on the plan of Liberty Media Corp. to buy back shares as of December 2003. Discussion on a plan announced by the company on November 20, 2003, that would reduce its debt; Move of the company to buy an amount of share from Comcast Corp.; Decision of Comcast to hire Goldman Sachs & Co. as...
- QVC GETS LIBERATED. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
Reports that U.S.-based cable network company Comcast Corp. has decided to sell its cable shopping channel QVC Inc., to Liberty Media Corp., as part of a $7.9 billion deal, as of July 7, 2003. Benefits for Liberty from the deal; Terms and conditions of the deal; Factors that led to the deal.