Disney's In Indecency Mix
- Minnesota Ops Fend Off Inside-Wire Bill. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;04/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p18
Reports that the Minnesota Cable Telecommunications Association in Minnesota has successfully lobbied against the passage of a bill which will allow the competitors of cable television networks to have access to an incumbent's equipment and wiring. Senator Randy Kelly's (DFL-St.Paul) authorship...
- Cable Groups Strike Back with Anti-Access Lobby. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;03/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on Net Compete Now, the lobbying group of cable television industry in the United States which was launched in March 2000. Supporting members including state cable associations from Arizona, California and Nevada as well as from the National Cable Television Association and...
- For Congress, Decency's A Basic Part of the Package. Hearn, Ted; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the actions taken by U.S. Senate Commerce Committee chairman Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and House Commerce Committee chairman Joe Barton (R-Texas) against the censorship of cable television programs in the U.S. Complaints against the blocking technology proposed by the senators; Views of...
- State Franchising. // CableFAX Daily;3/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p2
Reports that Kansas is expected to pass a state franchise bill that the state association is supporting. Provision added to the bill which prompted the KA Cable Association to support the bill; Stand of the bill on build-out requirements.
- Statewide Franchising Stalls in Penn. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p12
The article reports on the withdrawal of the two cable-reform bills that would have enabled statewide cable franchising in Pennsylvania. Sponsors of the bills withdrew their legislation after facing oppositions from the municipal groups and the Broadband Cable Associations of Pennsylvania. The...
- Disney net nears launch. Holdsworth, Nick // Daily Variety;4/1/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 63, p4
The article reports that Disney Channel has granted a five-year cable television (TV) license in Russia.
- CCTA's Voice Will Continue to Ring. Brennan, Leo // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p104
Contends that the closure of the Western Show in December 2003 will not hinder the lobbying efforts of the California Cable & Telecommunications Association (CCTA). Leadership role of CCTA; Examples of the lobbying activities of CCTA; Commitment of CCTA to the cable industry.
- Cable networks: No taste for a la carte. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
Reports on concerns by executives in the cable industry to proposed a la carte programming by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in the United States. Comments from executives in the industry; What a la carte programming will allow subscribers.
- Icy after the sunset. Colman, Price; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p38
Reports on cable television operators' pledge not to exploit the imminent cable rate deregulation by increasing prices. Operators' dependence on various revenue sources; Broadcasting executives Bill Fitzgerald and Frank Intiso on operators' observation of self-discipline; Increase in...