Repackaging Premium Channels
- Cable Nets Working to Supply VOD Programs, Packages. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p18
Presents information on the video-on-demand programs and packages being offered by cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 21, 2003. E! Presents Comcast on Demand; HBO on Demand; Independent Film Channel; IFC on Demand.
- SALUTING THE BEST IN DIGITAL, PPV, AND VOD MARKETING. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18A
Presents the Digital Case Study competition on operations and services of cable operators in the United States. Sponsors of the competition; Categories of the competition; Marketing ideas for industry leaders.
- Multi-Tier Promo Stems PPV Erosion. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20A
Reports the video-on-demand (VOD) and pay-per-view (PPV) campaigns among cable operators in the United States. Erosion in PPV usage and revenue; Factors influencing the increase of the usage of PPV and VOD; Company operation of Cablevision.
- S-A: SVOD Outings Shorter, More Frequent. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24A
Reports the competition between video-on-demand use and subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) use among cable operators in the United States. Increase the performance of Time Warner Cable network; Prices of the Home Box Office SVOD; Average session duration of SVOD.
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- Mogul to Vogel: You're Out at Charter. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p12
Deals with issues concerning Charter Communications Inc. Problems confronting the cable company regarding its financial and operating results; Reason for the resignation of chief executive officer Carl Vogel; Decline of the company's subscribers.
- Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p38
Provides information on the cable systems across the U.S. owned by cable operator Charter. Number of subscribers; Top executives.
- BASICS ON THE RISE. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the increasing number of basic-subscribers in cable television in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2005. Number of customers lost by Charter Communications Co.; Factors that contributed to the increasing number of subscribers; Impact of the telephony services offered by cable...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.