MSOs Grasping Guides
- Microsoft's new TV hookup. Simons, John; Mallory, Maria // U.S. News & World Report;06/23/97, Vol. 122 Issue 24, p43
Discusses the significance to the cable television industry of Microsoft Corp.'s investment in Comcast. The prospects for the cable industry; The need for capital to build high-speed telecommunications networks.
- Fla. Sun Shines on Comcast. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the expansion of cable television operator Comcast Corp. in Florida. Solidification of its distribution base in the region; Total cable subscribers in the region; Properties in the region that the company is acquiring from Adelphia Communication Corp.
- Swap around the clock. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;05/31/99, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p37
Focuses on the consolidation of the cable television market in the United States as of May 31, 1999. Swap of cable television companies acquired by Adelphia Communications, Comcast Corp. and Jones Intercable.
- L.A. to Cable: Cut the Complaints. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the move of the Board of Information Technology Commissioners in Los Angeles, California to push cable operators to improve their internal systems in order to reduce the number of complaints from their subscribers. Information on the 2003 Year-End Statistics of complaints against...
- Ops Extend Brand to Stores, Kiosks. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p14A
Reports on cable television operators' use of outlets to sell digital cable, high-speed Internet access and other wares in the United States. Branded stores operated by Cox Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp.; Small-kiosk approach of Comcast Corp.
- Belgium loosens interactive curbs for cable. Fuller, Chris // Variety;7/17/95, Vol. 359 Issue 11, p37
Reports on Belgium's plan to open up the cable systems to interactive and multimedia services by the middle of 1996. Number of cabled households in Belgium; Plans for the full liberalization of Europe's cable and telco markets.
- Back from the desert. Reiss, Craig // MediaWeek;5/8/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, Special Report: NCTA '95 p30
Stresses the need for the cable television industry to have a firm grasp of the new world of interactive programming. Steps cable operators could take to influence the decision of consumers and marketers in choosing cable television over telephones and desktop computers.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/11/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p63
Reports developments related to interactive multimedia for the cable television industry in the United States as of June 2001. Introduction of the Messaging Channel from Integra5; Demonstration of the ExpanseTV MicroZone from Expanse Networks Inc.; Expansion of office broadband connections into...
- Diginets: We Acquire, Retain and Can Sell. Mitchell, Kim // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p74
Reports the impact of digital set-top box distribution on the digital-cable networks in the United States. Move of Wall Street to increase cable-subscriber valuation; Obstacles and challenges of digital distribution; Reaction of network players towards digital set-top box distribution.