The Deer Next Door
- Year of the trophy buck. Raney, Mike // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p82
Focuses on the buck hunting achievements of the author. Capture of Pope and Young mule deer bucks since 1987; Capture of a buck eligible for Boone & Crockett scoring in 1996.
- The Velveteen Buck. Markley, Steve // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the deer hunting experience of the author in Montgomery County, Maryland. Account of the hunting down of 187 pound buck; Points earned for hunting down the buck; Satisfaction of the author for hunting down a prized trophy.
- The latest hang-ups. Torget, Thomas L. // Outdoor Life;Jun93, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p36
Claims that portable tree stands help archers get close to the whitetailed deer they hunt and tells what to consider when deciding which stand to buy. Safety; Silence; Comfort; Flexibility; Contact points. INSET: Tree stand accessories..
- Hot bucks. // Outdoor Life;Oct93, Vol. 189 Issue 4, p14
Features Hot Stuff gel formula deer lure for deer hunting. Increase in effectiveness when wet; Release of amounts of airborne particles upon contact with moisture; Toothpaste-type dispenser; Price; Availability.
- Deer gear '94. Hanback, Michael // Outdoor Life;Sep94, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p60
Features deer hunting equipment. Brell Mar Dirt Bag firearm cover; Pentax Lightseeker riflescope; Red Wing Bemidji boots; Will Primo's Fightin' Horns synthetic antlers; Remington sabot slugs; Schrade Blade Runner knife; M.A.D. game calls; Golden Eagle Pro Hawk series of compound bows; Bushnell...
- Buck-lure bombs. Boccassinni, Leonard // Field & Stream;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p72
Describes the construction of buck-lure bombs. Materials; Assembly; Instructions for use when hunting deer; Disadvantages of using scent bottles.
- Tackling the terrain. McCafferty, Keith; Bourjaily, Philip; Simpson, Layne; Barsness, John; Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Aug98, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p60
Presents information on various equipment needed to for deer hunting. Identification of the different locations for hunting; Description of these locations. INSET: Gear tip.
- Farm land. Bourjaily, Philip // Field & Stream;Aug98, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p66
Presents information on the various equipment and clothing needed for hunting deers in farm land areas. Information on the clothing, footwear and accessories needed; Cost of these items. INSET: Gear tip.
- Prairie & bushland. Barsness, John // Field & Stream;Aug98, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p68
Presents information on the equipment and clothing needed for hunting deers in the prairie and bushland areas. Description of the clothing, footwear and accessories needed; Cost of the items. INSET: Gear tip.