Texas Governor Calls Special Session for School Financing
- Texas Governor Wants Special Session for 'Robin Hood.' Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p26
Reports on the plan of Governor Rick Perry for a special legislative session in the spring for a new funding formula for public education in Texas. Absence of increase in rate of taxation; Opposition of Perry to one revenue source; Significant provision of the Robin Hood formula for financing...
- New Laws to Improve Appraisal Process Take Effect January 1. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/6/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
The article reports about the new laws announced by Texas Governor Rick Perry, to be implemented from January 1, 2010, with an objective to assist property tax payers.
- Texas School Districts Learn to Budget During Lean Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p8
Reports on budget deficits facing school districts in Texas. School finance formula by Governor Rick Perry and other lawmakers; Texas school finance law; Lawsuit by school districts against the school formula; Plans of the Carroll district to have a bond election at the end of 2004 to finance...
- Texas Governor Unveils School Funding Plan. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;4/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p28
Governor Rick Perry of Texas announced a new blueprint late last week for overhauling the state's school finance system. The Republican governor's plan would pump more than $2 billion in new funding into the public schools and restructure the property-tax system so that some of that money would...
- Texas Senator Hutchison Hints at Potential Gubernatorial Candidacy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32149, p4
This article focuses on the potential three-way race for the Republican nomination for the governor's office in Texas. Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn has long been considered a potential opponent to Texas governor Rick Perry's bid for a second full term of office. Rumors of Hutchison...
- Hood Riddance. Hart, Patricia Kilday // Texas Monthly;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p58
Deals with the approach of Texas Governor Rick Perry on school finance. Decline in the share of the cost of education in Texas; Political consequences of the failure to fix the problem with school finance for Perry; Reforms adopted by Perry to reduce dropout rates.
- 'Robin Hood' Still Alive After Texas Special Session. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;5/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p17
Texas leaders are united in wanting to scrap the state's "Robin Hood" school finance scheme-they just can't agree on what will replace it. The Texas legislature's special session on school finance ended last week with Governor Rick Perry and legislative leaders promising to return when they've...
- WILL A SPECIAL SESSION BE CALLED? // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/16/2013, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p3
The article reflects on the commencement of a special legislative session by Texas governor Rick Perry to address the state issues and mentions that according to Texas Constitution, the governor may call a subsequent special session of 30 days.
- Perry Wins Republican Nomination for Texas Governor. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p4
The article reports that Governor Rick Perry has won the Republican nomination to run for a third term in Texas.