- The Social Base of Political Recruitment. A Comparative Study of Local Councillors in Europe. Reynaert, Herwig // Lex Localis - Journal of Local Self-Government;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p19
Local councillor recruitment operates in such a way that it favours the possibility for individuals with certain characteristics to enter and to remain in public office. One of the central questions then becomes: what are these characteristics and how do they influence the selection chances of...
- Democracy in Reverse: The 2016 General Election in Zambia. Goldring, Edward; Wahman, Michael // Africa Spectrum;2016, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p107
On 11 August 2016, Zambia held elections for the presidency, National Assembly, local councillors, and mayors. Concurrently, a referendum was held on whether to enhance the Bill of Rights in the Constitution of Zambia. The elections were significant for several reasons: It was the first contest...
- San Diego City Council OKs Offering Document for Padres Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p38
Reports on votes cast by the San Diego City Council in California to approve the offering document on its multimillion dollars lease revenue bond deal. Purpose of the deal; Lead underwriting firm for the deal; Plans of the city regarding the issuance of bonds.
- Camden rebels against change. Harding, David // Public Finance;01/21/2000, p6
Reports that city councilors in Camden, a city in London, England, are opposed to the plan of the central government to restructure the city's committee structure. Refusal of the residents of Camden to support the reforms being proposed by the government; Provisions of the Local Government Bill.
- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Medcalf, Graham // LG: New Zealand Local Government;Oct2015, Vol. 52, p24
The article discusses about the motivation that works in the majority of councilors who are above forty to work in local government.
- City voters casting ballots early now. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/24/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that early voting for the City of Clarendon's special election started on October 21, 2013 and continues through November 1 to elect three new people to the Board of Aldermen.
- City decides on system. // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5
Cites the likelihood of the City of Thunder Bay to shift to a single-source water system by 2005. Decision of the city council members to proceed with the system via a nine to four vote in favor of setting up the project in Bear Point.
- TWO-TIER DEMOCRACY. // Community Care;1/10/2002, Issue 1404, p5
Comments on the plan of Stephen Byers, secretary of state for local government in the United Kingdom, to give autonomy to local authorities as of January 2002. Development of a national performance framework; Information on two tiers of local government that will be created; Implications of the...
- Carmel City Council may be expanded. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p7
Reports on an Indiana Senate bill that would give residents of Clay Township representation on the Carmel City Council. Provisions of the bill in its original form; Number of seats to be given to residents of West Clay; Details of a controversial mixed-use development planned by Brenwick in...