Maryland Lawmakers OK $23.6 Billion Operating Budget
- Maryland Legislature Authorizes $740 Million in Bonding. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p4
Reports the approval of the fiscal 2002 capital budget by the General Assembly in Maryland. Estimation of the authorized expenditure; Appropriation of the budget; Allocation of federal funds to transportation projects.
- Raise the Roof. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p35
Focuses on the bill introduced in the Maryland General Assembly that would raise the authorized bond issuance ceiling of the Maryland Stadium Authority. Purpose of introducing the bill; Sponsors of the bill.
- Md. General Assembly's 'Unfinished Business'. // Washington Informer;4/19/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 27, p14
The article presents information on decisions taken during the recent session of the Maryland General Assembly which concluded on April 9, 2012. A total of 791 bills were approved, which are expected to benefit the residents of Prince George's County. Numerous bills remained with no decisions...
- Maryland debates amended auto ins. reform bill. Niedzielski, Joe // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/1/96, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p34
Discusses the auto insurance reform package that was proposed before the Maryland General Assembly, which would greatly reduce the potential for consumer savings. Information relating to the Automobile Rate Reduction Act of 1996; Purpose of the bill; What the original package eliminated;...
- Medical Marijuana Bills Moving Forward. Shapiro, Marc // Baltimore Jewish Times;4/4/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the legislative process of passing the two medical marijuana bills from legislators in the House and the Senate of Maryland's General Assembly, which would allow hospital-affiliated physicians to prescribe marijuana for therapeutic purposes.
- Commentary, Perspective, Background for Upcoming Session. Montgomery III, Richard A. // Bar Bulletin of the Maryland State Bar Association;Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p9
The article presents a legislative preview for the Maryland General Assembly for 2012. It cites the proposed Congressional Redistricting map which was enacted during a special session of the assembly on October 17, 2011 that needs to be ratified in a form of a resolution during the 2012 Regular...
- Tax cut among issues in year's final Maryland General Assembly session. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p3
Reports that the Maryland General Assembly passed a tax cut bill during its last session for 1998. Impact of the legislation on bond issuers; Amount in tax surplus in 1998; Nonprofit organizations as the major beneficiaries of the bill; Authorization of state bonds to be used for various purposes.
- No same-sex marriage this year for Maryland. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;3/17/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p29
The article reports on the failure of the state legislative bill related to same-sex marriage during voting in Maryland Senate, Maryland.
- Maryland Senate Oks marriage bill. Keen, Lisa // Windy City Times;2/29/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p5
This article reports on the approval of a marriage-equality bill by the Maryland Senate in February 2012.