NEWS IN BRIEF
- Treasury 4-Weeks Co at 2.700% High. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p2
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department has auctioned $24 billion of four-week bills at a 2.700% high yield. Coupon equivalent; Bid-to-cover ratio; Median yield.
- Weekly T-Bill Auction To Pay Down $5.999B. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/22/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32656, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of the Treasury will pay down $5.999 billion at the weekly auction of 91-day and 192-day discount bills in the U.S. The Treasury Department will pay down the auction by selling $28 billion to refund $33.999 billion in maturing securities. To be sold...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the businesses in the U.S. The National Association of Realtors has released index indicating the increase of pending home sales to 90.3 reading. The Federal Reserve has sold $95.588 billion of 28-day credits at 0.250% stop-out rate from their term...
- U.S. to sell rest of GM stake. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/22/2013, pA02
The Treasury Dept. said it plans to sell its remaining holdings in
- Living With Gold. Cusack, Thomasine // America;7/5/1975, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the failure of the gold sales in January 1975. It notes that the American press had publicized the auction with caution and uncertainty but the ambiguity of statements issued by the U.S. Treasury and the wrong schedule of the sale are some of the factors that influence the...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32785, p2
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. economic conditions in 2008. In November 2007, spending on construction projects increased 0.1% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1.165 trillion. The Institute for Supply Management reported that the overall economy grew for the 74th straight...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p2
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. economic conditions and the Treasury market. The Commerce Department reported that new factory orders for manufactured goods increased 2.3% in December 2007. Tender rates for the Treasury Department's 91-day and 182-day discount bills were lower on...
- Salespeople and Implications of GSE Takeovers. Lurz, Bill // Housing Giants;9/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p7
The author contends that the sales agents needs to be fully knowledgeable about the decision of the U.S. Treasury Department to seize Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He claims that the move of the Treasury Department is an indication that the U.S. government has finally realized that the country's...
- Treasury to Sell $13B 29-Year 10-Month Bonds. // Bondbuyer.com;10/1/2015, p1
The Treasury Department said it will auction $13 billion 29-year, 10-month 2 7/8% bonds on Oct. 8.