Shady Deal? Participants May Face IRS
- IRS Steps Up Note Audits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p1
Reports investigations of the United States Internal Revenue Service on the issuance of three-year tax-exempt notes by school districts. Investment of proceeds from three-year notes in guaranteed investment contracts; Refusal of school districts to rebate arbitrage to the federal government;...
- IRS to Focus on Abusive Deals, Cut Back on Routine Audits. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the focus in the investigation of abusive tax-exempt bond transactions by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Announcement of the initiative by division director Mark Scott; Reduction in the routine audit efforts of the agency; Reason for the focus of the agency on abusive tax-exempt...
- IRS: Lerner emails wiped out. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/16/2014, pA02
The IRS said that a hard drive crash in '11 destroyed emails that tax-exempt division head Lois Lerner sent to non-IRS addresses. The House is investigating whether officials abused power in targeting conservative nonprofits.
- Attorney: IRS Scrutiny Will Reduce Number of Blind Pool Deals. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the impact of the scrutiny of blind bond pools by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on financial transactions in the U.S. Definition of blind pools; Investigation of IRS on undisclosed payments made in various transactions; Concerns of the IRS over issuers' list of potential projects.
- Ohio County Discloses Blind Pool Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p31
Reports on the disclosure by Clinton County, Ohio regarding the examination of a bond issue it sold on behalf of non-profit hospitals, for possible arbitrage violations by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Underwriter for the bond issue.
- VCAP Gaining Popularity. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p1
Reports on the rise in the number of requests made to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond division from issuers seeking to voluntarily resolve inadvertent errors on transactions. Number of voluntary agreements during four months in 2004; Voluntary compliance agreement...
- Market to See `Lots of' Audits Unfolding Over the Summer. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p1
Reports on the expected unveiling of the results of United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits of tax-exempt bond issues over summer 2000. Involvement of bonds issued primarily in solid waste, stadiums and 501(c)(3) organization; Issuance of results part of settlement agreements...
- IRS Enforcement Imperils Tax-Exempt Bonds (Part I). Kennard, Alan L. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p14
Part I. Discusses the implication of the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to increase audit and enforcement activities on the status of tax-exempt bonds. Cases which are under examination by the IRS; Effect of the increase in IRS enforcement activities on the relationship...
- IRS Investigating Full Release of Tribal Deal FSA. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p44
Reports on the investigation on the full release of Indian tribal bond financing, by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Existence of substantial litigating hazards in tax-exempt bond enforcement agents; Conditions for the qualification of Indian tribes as issuer of tax-exempt bond; Analysis on...