N.Y. School 'Marshall Plan'
- Report says BSF schemes may be unfit for the future. Millett, Carol // Contract Journal;3/28/2007, Vol. 437, p7
The article reports on the Manifesto for Learning Environments: A Call to Action report by the British Council for School Environments and the British Educational Suppliers Association about the Building Schools for the Future project in Great Britain. This report warns that unless key issues...
- Lobbyists Try to Obtain Funds for Florida's School Construction Needs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31096, p5
Reports on the efforts of the Florida School Boards Association Inc. and the Florida Home Builders Association to obtain fund for Florida's school construction needs. Call to pass legislation allowing localities to enact a local-option sales tax; Estimated cost of school construction needs.
- Millions spent on school construction annually. // Concrete Construction;Jan2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the result of the survey, conducted by FMI Corp. and Council for Education Facilities Planners International, showing that school systems in the U.S. has been engaged in rapid construction and renovation of school buildings. A large portion of the total school systems...
- Architects v Teachers. // Sustain' Magazine;2008 OSC Supplement, p7
The article focuses on a report launched by the Teacher Support Network and the British Council for School Environments (BCSE) in connection with its aim of increasing teacher involvement in the construction of new school buildings. Its report was launched at a fringe meeting at the Labour Party...
- The spirit lives on. // Public Private Finance;May2007, Issue 113, p38
The article discusses various issues in Great Britain. The City Academy in Berkshire which was sponsored by property magnate Andrew Rosenfeld is presented. Edinburgh residents protest about the "Seafield stench," the smell coming from a nearby sewage works. Partnerships for Schools, an...
- Spending on Construction and Renovation. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // District Administration;Mar2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p52
The article focuses on the spending of school districts in the U.S. It presents information conducted by the research company Martin Akel and Associates on district spending and on the journal's readers. The expenditures of schools included construction and renovations of buildings and the...
- Construction tops many states' school agendas. // American School & University;Apr97, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p3
Presents evidence on the prioritizing of school construction in different states. Includes Florida's overhauling of funding system for school construction; Hawaii's proposed budget for capital improvement projects in schools; Funds allocated for repairing dilapidated schools in Maryland.
- $37 million allocated for school construction in West Virginia. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/24/2012, p4
The article cites a report from "The Charleston Gazette" on the budget allocated by the West Virginia School Building Authority to 12 counties for school construction and repair.
- Kent BSF in limbo as major cuts loom. Rogers, David // Building Design;5/21/2010, Issue 1917, p3
The article reports that the second phase of the 1.8 billion pound Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme in Kent, England is in limbo as major cuts loom by the new government. INSET: ARCHITECTS' PUBLIC SECTOR PESSIMISM.
- N.J. budget: Schools to get $10B. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30814, p1
Reports that the state government of New Jersey will allocate $10 billion of the budget released by Governor Christine Todd Williams on school construction for a period of eight years beginning 2000. Portion of the funds raised through bond sales; Other items in the state budget; Other fund...