Virtual War Chests
- Fundraising Events: The Dollars are in the Details. Meredith, Todd // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on political fund raising events. Role of political fund raising events in campaigns; Reasons for holding political fund raising events; Problems during political fund raising events; Presence of the candidate in a political fund raising event; Location of a fund raising event.
- Secrets of Successful Online Fundraising: Tips for Increasing Donations. Ireland, Emilienne; Nash, Phil Tajitsu // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p47
Offers tips on how to raise political campaign donations online in the United States. Importance of an effective Web site; Promotion strategy for online fundraising; Advantages of integrating offline efforts with online fundraising; Several payment options for potential donors.
- Get out your billfold because the race is on. Kremer // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/17/99, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p67A
Focuses on the expected onslaught of political fund raising activities in the United States in year 2000. National and state elections; Ways to curb the campaign fund-raising madness; Campaign finance reforms; Public financing of campaigns in New York City.
- Begging for Bucks. Francia, Peter L.; Herrnson, Paul S. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the amount of time spent by political candidates for campaign fund raising in the United States. Relationship between costs of running for office and amount of time devoted to fund raising activities; Difference of Democratic and Republican candidates from independent and third-party...
- Open Secrets, Heavy Traffic. Cornfield, Michael // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p48
Focuses on the Web site of Opensecrets.org which takes campaign financial disclosure information filed with the government and organizes it for use in investigative stories in the U.S. Details on the site's database; Criticisms on the site.
- Getting the Most Out of Your Professional Fundraiser. Kaplan, Robert // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p63
Provides advice to political candidates and finance committees about the role of professional campaign fund raisers. Aggressiveness of the fund raiser; Question about the fee for the fund raiser; Question about how much money the fund raiser could raise; Demands of the candidate and campaign...
- 5 Steps to Protect Your Campaign from Unauthorized Transactions. TADLOCK, EMILY // Campaigns & Elections (2010);Jul/Aug2013, Issue 319, p11
The article offers steps to protect an election campaign from unauthorized and potentially illegal transactions. It suggests that in-kind contributions should be prohibited as they increase the risk of inadvertent corporate contributions that go undisclosed, that each expenditure must be...
- I Love It When a Fundraising Plan Comes Together. BOCSKOR, NANCY // Campaigns & Elections (2010);Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 34 Issue 316, p11
The article presents the author's views on the importance of having a finance plan that will serve as a guide for fundraising efforts in order for politicians to have a sustainable campaign. He cites several fundraising techniques to be considered like telemarketing, direct mail and having...
- Late Money. Cornfield, Michael // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jul2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p46
The article highlights the availability of late money or funds that can be used for political campaigns in the U.S. Media brim with the kinds of donation-inspiring information that used to be available mostly on a local level through private channels. Electronic media, in other words, queue up...