- THE 180-DAY LOCK-UP PERIOD AND INSIDERS' EQUITY SELLING. Ayayi, Ayi // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p32
This article examines how insiders who provide capital and advisory services determine the proportion of common stock to be sold during an IPO and shows that, after the IPO, a high-value investee's insiders continue to hold a significant fraction of its equity stake relative to a low-value...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p25
Presents charts and graphs depicting the aftermarket performance of initial public offerings deals in the U.S. Citation of companies with good initial public offerings deals; Performance of recent transactions; Status of recent stock offerings.
- Aftermarket Performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p19
Presents charts depicting the aftermarket performance of initial public offerings and stock offerings for the week ended October 12, 2005 in the U.S. Top companies with best and worst performance for 2005; Performance of IFOs offered from September 28 to October 12, 2005; Presentation of stock...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/19/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 35, p17
Presents charts and graphs depicting the best and worst performers in initial public offerings in the U.S. as of September 14, 2005. Performance of the offering of VeriFone Holdings Inc.; Offer price of Fusion Telecommunications International; Performance of recent stock offerings.
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 29, p19
Reports on aftermarket performance in the United States as of July 19, 2004. 2004 initial public offering performance; Performance of stock offerings.
- The IPO Market Is Dead, Dead, Dead. Goldblatt, Henry // Fortune;12/7/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p258
Looks at the December 1998 market for United States initial public offerings (IPO). Comparison of 1997 and 1998 figures; Withdrawal of planned Goldman Sachs and Sprint PCS IPOs; What happened, according to Sprint manager of investor relations Nancy Fry; Forecast.
- IPOs Good For Stock Market, But Too Many May Signal Froth. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;12/19/2013, pB01
When many companies with questionable fundamentals start launching initial public offerings, it can be a sign the market is overheating.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/11/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 34, p25
The article presents a list of the most 100 initial public offerings. These include the Security Capital Assurance which offers its stocks at $20.50 per stock, Compass Diversified Trust which offers its stocks at $15 per stock and Town Sports International Holdings which offers its stocks at...
- Initial Public Offerings in Hot and Cold Markets. Helwege, Jean; Liang, Nellie // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;1996, p1
The authors show asymmetric information models that describe hot initial public offerings (IPO) markets as periods when better quality firms have an incentive to issue equity, and cold markets as periods when the lemons premium that is related to equity is too high to attract issuers. Empirical...