Hedging Have-Nots In the Energy World
- Energywatch condemns TXU Energi poachers. // Marketing Week;10/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p6
Reports on British regulatory association Energywatch's criticisms against energy suppliers for trying to poach TXU Energi's customers through misselling. Companies allegedly involved in the misseling campaign.
- company rep impacts stocks, stability, investment. Gasorek, Dory; Resnick, Jeff // Electric Light & Power;May/Jun2004, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p41
Presents the result of a survey conducted by Rating Research LLC regarding the business performance of several companies in the electric power industry in the U.S. as of June 2004. Decline in the performance of TXU Corp. of Dallas, Texas; Rank of Southern Co. of Atlanta, Georgia in most...
- the digital revolution the smart grid and why the utility industry isn't like your grandma's Oldsmobile anymore. Powers, John M. // Electric Light & Power;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p32
The article features the TXU Electric Delivery, a subsidiary of TXU Corp. According to the author, the TXU Electric provides power to more than 3 million delivery points and controls one of the largest energy infrastructures in the country. It has entered into a limited partnership with...
- Monticello Steam Electric Station. // Power;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p48
The article provides information on the Monticello Steam Electric Station which is operated in Mount Pleasant, Texas by the firm TXU Power. The company operates the power plant by blending Powder River Basin coal with local lignite. It traces the plant's 30 year old history. The challenges it...
- Closure blow to power firms. // Professional Engineering;11/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the cancellation and termination of deals and contracts by the Great Britain-based electricity trader, TXU Corp. with several electrical companies. Losses incurred by the cancellation; Details about the terminated contracts; Implications for the electrical power industry.
- TXU Corp. Power Generating Changes Name to Luminant Energy. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);7/26/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p4
The article reports that TXU Corp.'s power generation and related businesses has changed its name to Luminant Energy.
- Trouble at TXU. // Utility Week;10/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p21
Presents an update on the business performance of TXU Energi as of October 2002. Factor which led the company to issue profits warning for 2002 and 2003; Reason for the plan to reduce jobs; Challenges faced by the company.
- Utilities auction autos, shelter the elderly and give the masses their MTV. // Electric Light & Power;Sep2000, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p6
Predicts an increase in investments outside the traditional utility business in the United States. Non-regulated businesses owned by U.S. investor-owned utility industry; Combined market capitalization of the top 74 investor-owned utilities.
- Reducing wholesale exposure must remain central to Centrica's strategy. // MarketWatch: Energy;February 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p13
Discusses the results of a survey conducted by Datamonitor PLC which found that reducing wholesale exposure is beneficial to British utility company Centrica PLC. Forecast for the company's structural net requirements; Citation of sectors the company must consider hedging; Importance of an...