Boutique IPO Trend: Is Lazard Next?
- OSN. Song Loong, Melissa // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/11/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 41, p30
The article offers information on the pay-television (TV) provider OSN and its plans to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in the Middle East and North Africa in 2013. Topics discussed include the merger between Orbit Group and Showtime Arabia, the OSN headquarters, and the services it...
- Deal Volume, Value Dropped in '08, Small Buyers Active. Beighley, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;3/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the market conditions of local mergers and acquisitions in Orange County, California. It states that sales in the county totaled about $7 billion, with 113 deals being done and the deals accounted for just shy of $9 billion, down from $10 billion. It states that county's...
- Beleaguered InPhonic Investigates Alternatives. E. L. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/22/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p3
This article reports on the decision by InPhonic Inc. to conduct a financial review in October 2007. InPhonic retained Lazard to conduct a strategic review, which may include refinancing its debt. In addition, the company said its financial results for the third quarter are below the previous...
- Apollo raises funds for possible acquisitions. // European Rubber Journal;May/Jun2006, Vol. 188 Issue 3, p44
The article reports that Mumbai, India-based Apollo Tyres plans to raise funds from a share issue in Indian and/or international markets. It aims to use the cash to fund its global acquisitions and capital expenditure programs, but did not give any details of the specific stock vehicle that will...
- CLEAN-COAL FIRM RAISES $1.3 BILLION. G. P. // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that PT Adaro Energy in Jakarta, Indonesia has raised $1.32 billion in the country's biggest initial public offering (IPO) ever by selling 34.8% of its share capital. The clean-coal firm plans to use the proceeds of the IPO to help fund acquisitions and repay debt. Further,...
- Biotech's Plan B: Merge, Merge, Merge. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/5/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p13
Reports on extremely favorable conditions for mergers and acquisitions in the biotechnology industry at the start of 2004. Conditions cited by investment bankers; Poor share prices of initial public offerings of the final quarter of 2003; Improved valuations among buyers and sellers; Access to...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p18
Presents charts and graphs of securities underwriting for energy industries, as of September 4, 2003. Top investment banks serving as bookrunners and advisers; Global debt, equity and mergers & acquisitions deals; Syndicated loans.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p22
Presents charts and graphs of securities underwriting in the health care sector, as of September 4, 2003. Global volume by product; Top investment banks acting as bookrunners and mergers and acquisition advisers; Syndicated loans.
- Goldman Goes Shopping. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;5/10/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p120
Considers possible Goldman Sachs acquisitions in the wake of its scheduled May 1999 initial public offering. Aspects of the bank's business that could be fortified by acquisitions, including asset management; Criteria for selection; Companies that fit the parameters.