Local Ban Plan
- Three California Issuers, Atlanta Should Have Takers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p6
Reports on the sale of municipal bonds in the U.S. Promotion of auction-rate bonds by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Bond prices; Rating of the state debt.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Despite Rating Risk, Lincoln, Neb., Selling Water Revenue Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p31
Reports on the city of Lincoln, Nebraska's plans to issue $40 million in water revenue bonds despite a threat of a rating downgrade. Ratings of the city's existing water system bonds; Debt repayment plans.
- Lack of Funds May Mean Default for 1981 Kansas City Housing Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p6
The article reports on the possible default for $4.9 million outstanding from $39.03 million of floating-rate single-family mortgage revenue bonds issued in June 1981 by Wyandotte County/Kansas City Unified Government because of insufficient funds. Standard & Poor's has lowered its ratings on...
- Week Ends Mostly Flat in Quiet Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the week ending March 6, 2009 in New York. Traders said that municipals finished largely flat and that tax-exempt yields were better by up to a basis point on the long end, weaker by up to a basis point on the shorter end and...
- Portsmouth Looking Stable. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p31
The article reports on Fitch Ratings' decision to assign an AA-minus rating to Portsmouth, Virginia's sale of general obligation refunding bonds and notes. The rating agency has also revised the city's rating outlook to stable from negative and has affirmed its rating on $247 million in...
- Oklahoma Holds Back on This Week's $112M Refunding' Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p40
Reports that Oklahoma has decided to hold back refunding deals due to rising interest rates in the tax-exempt municipal bond market. State's decision to break the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority deals into two; General obligation yields; Ratings of the bonds.
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p43
Provides information on bond rates of municipal markets and currency prices in the U.S. as of October 31, 2001. Statistics on bond rates and currency prices.
- L.A. set to issue wastewater bonds. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p2
Focuses on Los Angeles, California's plan to issue wastewater system revenue refunding bonds to dealers. Strong demand for new-issue paper; Bond rating by Fitch IBCA Inc.