D.C. Needs to Cut Back Borrowing, CFO Warns
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31929, p1
Reports on developments in the U.S. bond market as of July 2004. Decline in municipal bond yields; Issuance of revenue bonds by the Arizona School Facilities Board; Details of the financing plan submitted by the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Heavy New Supply Pushes Longer-Term Indexes Down. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p39
Describes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 17, 2005. Factors that contribute to the underperformance in tax-exempts; Increase in "The Bond Buyer's" one-year note index; Weekly average yield to maturity on "The Bond Buyer" 40-bond municipal bond index.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p33
Presents charts depicting market statistics on municipal bonds in the U.S. public finance sector as of July 13, 2004. Daily and weekly bond indexes; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. Securities Prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields.
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p7
Presents charts depicting competitive bond offerings in the U.S. municipal market from November 7-December 20, 2005.
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Face $60M Taxable Deal for Hangars. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p36
The article reports on the Oklahoma Senate's plan to consider a bill that would authorize the sale of taxable bonds to help build and equip two aircraft maintenance hangars at Tulsa International Airport for American Airlines. The Oklahoma Development Finance Authority would issue the bonds...
- West Virginia May Explore Tobacco Bond Sale to Fund Pension, OPEB Liabilities. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p3
The article reports on the possibility that West Virginia officials may re-examine the sale of tobacco settlement bonds to help settle its unfunded pension and other post-employment benefits liabilities. According to an administrative spokesman, the administration would reconsider the idea if...
- Nassau County, N.Y., Readies First of Four Expected Ban Sales for 2007. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p6
The article reports on the plan of New York's Nassau County to competitively sell $88.4 million of bond anticipation notes (Ban) on January 16, 2007. The deal could be the first of quarterly Ban sales totaling $200 million in 2007. The proceeds will be used to finance various ongoing capital...
- Return to Negotiation. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p9
The article reports on Hawaii County, Hawaii's return to the negotiated market on January 10, 2007 with the pricing of nearly $120 million of general obligation bonds by A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. The bonds' yields ranged from 3.66 percent on those maturing in 2010 to 4.41 percent on those...
- Aquarium GOs for Expansion. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p9
The article reports on Seattle, Washington's plan to issue general obligation bonds for a $41 million expansion project scheduled for completion in June 2007. The Seattle Aquarium Society is expecting to receive up to $6.3 million in general obligation bond proceeds. The expected general...