Judge Leaves Illinois Casino's Fate Up to Gaming Board, AG
- Ch. 11 Commission Field Hearing at NCBJ. // ABI Journal;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p10
The article offers a snapshot of the testimony presented at the October 26, 2012, field hearing of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Commission to Study the Reform of Chapter 11 during the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges. Eugene R. Wedoff, a judge for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for...
- In Illinois Casino Case, State's $400M Hangs in the Balance. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p4
Reports on Emerald Casino's bankruptcy case. Auction of the company's casino license; Amount of money that Illinois will receive from the auction.
- Bankruptcy Judge Weighs Fate of Illinois Casino's Reorganization Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31886, p29
Reports that judge Eugene Wedoff is considering whether to approve the reorganization plan for Emerald Casino Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Dispute over the fate of a casino license to Isle of Capri Casinos Inc.; Testimony given by Illinois Gaming Board chairman Elzie Higginbottom; Attempt of...
- Game gets dicey as casino bidders emerge. Gallun, Alby; Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;8/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p4
The six parties vying for gambling license of the U.S.-based Emerald Casino Inc. have entered into a different game of chance as Illinois Gaming Board moves forward with its plan to revoke the license, as of August 11, 2003. A settlement would pave the way for a transfer of the license to one of...
- Reorder of the court. SCHORSCH, KRISTEN // Crain's Chicago Business;4/16/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p0001
The article reports that U.S. Judge Eugene Wedoff has been taken off from the bankruptcy case of Emerald Casino Inc. It cites that such withdrawal was prompted due to the alleged move of Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Jenner & Block LLP to hire Wedoff's son to sway a ruling which could grant...
- Argentina's Bankruptcy Law of 1995. Dobson, Juan M. // Texas International Law Journal;Winter98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p101
Discusses the 1995 bankruptcy law of Argentina, which contemplates reorganizations and liquidation bankruptcy. Law's attempt to devise mechanisms that may salvage the enterprise without the debtor; Description of the notion of 'enterprise salvage'; Evidence of how unviable many Argentine...
- Practice opportunities serving those in distress in Chapter 11. Baldiga, Nancy R. // CPA Journal;May98, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the potential service opportunities provided by Chapter 11 bankruptcy rules to accountants. Overview of the Chapter 11 process; Evaluation of the reorganization plan; Factors to be considered in the feasibility review; Issue of plan feasibility; Creditor service; Debtor service;...
- Riese exits Chap. 11. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/21/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the reorganization of Riese Organization in the United States. Plans of opening restaurants in New York; Emergence of the National Restaurants Management Inc., the company's subsidiary from the Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Details on the settlement of claims to ALGM LLC, the company's creditor.
- Proposed law could help sort out tangled cross-border bankruptcies. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p13
Reports that part of the overall bankruptcy bill under consideration in the United States Congress will require countries to cooperate in multinational bankruptcy proceedings. Multinational reorganizations; Flaws in the current system of territorialism; Countries interested in the US move.