Maryland Officials Predict $150M Revenue Bonus, Easing Fiscal 2005 Budget
- New Mexico Sees $913M Revenue Boost in FY '08 for Capital Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p3
The article reports on the highlights of the briefing on the estimated $5.69 billion in revenues in fiscal 2008 by officials from New Mexico's Department of Finance and Administration and the Legislature. According to officials, the state's tax revenues are sufficient to provide some $913...
- Officials estimate state budget shortfall at $370M for 2005. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/6/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p2
The article reports that Michigan needs to address a shortfall of $370 million in its current-year budget. State Treasurer Jay Rising and the directors of the Senate Fiscal Agency and House Fiscal Agency agreed on lower revenue estimates for the current fiscal year at a revenue-estimating...
- Fiscal forecasters, legislators must sharpen skills. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p16
Editorial. Focuses on the anticipation of tax revenues for building state budget in Indiana. Discussion on the projection process; Recession in the state economy; Reasons for increased public expenditure.
- The governor's overly optimistic California budget. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/18/2002, Issue 322879, p30
Focuses on the state budget proposal of the governor of California. Recommendations for spending reductions; Estimates on the increase of state tax revenues; Delay of certain financial transactions.
- Pay up or else. Foreman, Tony; Lazda, Angela // Accountancy;Oct95, Vol. 116 Issue 1226, p120
Presents a warning to employers in Great Britain about the increasing use of a PAYE regulation that allows the collector to estimate the tax due from an employer and to enforce payment of the estimated amount.
- Louisiana Can't Find the Bottom With Latest Revenue Forecast. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p24
The article reports on the revenue forecast of Louisiana's budget for fiscal 2011 by the Revenue Estimating Conference. Economist Greg Albrecht lowers the revenue forecast for fiscal 2011 by 57.6 million. House Speaker Jim Tucker notes that the constitution of the state requires balance in its...
- IOWA: State Sees 1.2% Rev Rise. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/12/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33165, p9
The article reports on the 1.2% increase in Iowa's revenue during July 2009 due to the state's 412.1 million dollar revenue collection during the period. The state's Revenue Estimating Conference forecasts an annual growth rate in the state's revenue of negative 0.1%. However, Governor Chet...
- Lower Oil Price May Lower N.M. Revenue Estimate by $100M. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;11/25/2014, p1
The article focuses on the revenue forecast of New Mexico for the fiscal year of 2015 in the wake of falling oil prices. It mentions that the revenue estimate to be released by the state economists in December 2014 may report a decrease of 100 million U.S. dollars in the budget for 2015. It also...
- WASHINGTON: Forecasts Come Up Short. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/13/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p9
The article reports that tax revenue continues to fall short of budget forecasts in Washington, according to the Economic and Revenue Council. General-fund state tax payments in the reportng period between January 11 and February 10, 2009 fell short of the November forecst. It is said that salex...