Chicago's DePaul University Restructuring Some Lease Debt
- Alabama Agency Sells $97M to Aid Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p4
Reports on the plan of the Alabama Public School and College Authority to sell $97.3 million of revenue bonds in order to aid schools, colleges and universities affected by budget cuts in Alabama. Total amount of tax-exempt special obligation bonds and taxable obligations to be sold by the...
- Brandeis Sells $25M Through New Conduit. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p4
Reports on Brandeis University's $25 million bond issue in Massachusetts. Structure of the deal; Demand for Kansas bonds; Use of proceeds from the issues.
- Pennsylvania, N.J. Universities Have Big Plans on Campus. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p32
Reports on the plans of various universities and colleges in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, to sale bonds for financing capital projects designed to accommodate increasing number of students and their increasingly sophisticated preferences for amenities. Plans of Pennsylvania Higher Educational...
- N.C. Selling $380M For Higher Ed, Water. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p3
Reports the sale of the public improvement general obligation bonds in North Carolina. Improvement and upgrade of classroom facilities; Schedule of sale; Expectation on the sale's success; Affirmation of bond ratings; Breakdown on the expenditures of the proceedings.
- Univ. of Maine Selling $35M While State Wrestles With Aid Issue. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31843, p7
Focuses on the plan of the University of Maine to sell fixed-rate project revenue bonds. Worth of the bond to be sold; Decision on providing financial assistance to public university system; Value of the budget cut to the system.
- University of Texas Regents Ready $401M PUF Refunding With 2 Swaps. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p28
The article reports on the plan of the University of Texas (UT) Board of Regents to issue $401 million of refunding bonds for the triple-A rated Permanent University Fund (PUF) that endows UT and Texas A&M University systems in Texas. The bonds, which refund all $400 million of outstanding...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p19
The article reports on the results of negotiated sales of bonds in September 2006 in the U.S. Rogers, Arkansas has issued water revenue bonds worth $15,525,000, purchased through negotiation by Morgan Keegan & Co. Iowa Higher Education Loan Authority has sold $27-million private college facility...
- Educating San Martin: Peruvian University issues secured deal. Ossa, Felipe // Asset Securitization Report;8/8/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 31, p21
Reports on the issuance of tuition-backed securities by the Universidad de San Martin de Porres in Peru. Involvement of BBVA Banco Continental in the deal; Value of the bonds secured by the university; Rating issued to the deal by local rating agencies.
- New Demands Drive New England State Universities to More Bonding. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p1
Reports on the plans of several universities to sell billions worth of bonds in the U.S. Impact of rising enrollment on the decision of the universities to issue bond transactions; Performance of the academic sector in the municipal bond market; Strategies of each university in issuing bonds.