Cash Weakens Along With Treasuries; Energy Northwest Sells $611 Million
- Goldman's Liquidity Push. // Traders Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 248, p24
The article reports on the agreement between Goldman Sachs and several trading houses in the U.S. in 2006 that will allow Goldman to use its alternative trading system to probe the trading houses' private order books for trading opportunities. The deal is part of Goldman's efforts to boost its...
- Morning in brief: US Tarp could see $60bn loss. fundweb staff // Fundweb;4/27/2012, p24
The article offers news briefs related to financial sector as on April 2012. The U.S. Troubled Assets Relief Programme (Tarp) has indicated in its report that the fund may make a loss of up to 60 billion dollars. U.S. Prosecutors and securities regulators are investigating Goldman Sachs Group...
- Buy and Sell Sides Debate The Future. Cohn, Michael // Securities Industry News;4/18/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p32
Provides information on the TradeTech USA conference held in Manhattan, New York City in April 2005. Issues addressed during the conference; Remarks of Goldman Sachs vice president Andrew Silverman on the relationship between buy-side and sell-side securities firms; Factors that are creating...
- Goldman lowers sights on 'inflated' property. // Estates Gazette;11/1/2003, Issue 344, p52
Focuses on the views of Goldman Sachs on the performance of the real estate industry in Great Britain in 2003. Decline in London office rents; Increase in the Financial Times Stock Exchange Real Estate index; Growth in land securities and property index.
- Goldman's Pitch to CMBS Buyers. // American Banker;8/4/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 119, p11
The article examines the marketing of commercial mortgage loan bonds, a form of mortgage-backed security, buy the financial services industry firm Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
- Munis Firm With 1st Gains in a Week Amid Flattening Treasury Yield Curve. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p2
Presents updates on the bond market on September 28, 2005 in the U.S. Decline in bond yields; Issuance of coupon bonds by the New York Liberty Development Corp. for Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Percentage of notes sold by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Tax-Exempts Off By 4 to 5 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/29/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32992, p2
The article reports on the performance of the bond market on October 28, 2008 in the U.S. Tax-exempt bonds fall by four to five points, however, the stock market posted gains. The 10-year Treasury note closed and two-year note respectively closed at 3.85 and 1.59 percent. On the other hand,...
- Street Warms to Nexstar Broadcasting's Review News. E. L. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/28/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on an increase in share price of Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc. following an announcement that it has retained Goldman Sachs to help in reviewing strategic alternatives. Reports says that Nexstar's share price increased almost 40% to $14.77 since May 17, 2007. The company is...
- Reg FD eases effects of earnings sticker shock. Calio, Vince // Pensions & Investments;4/4/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p4
This article reports on a study by Goldman Sachs & Co., published in the firm's most recent quantitative management report, which examined the return patterns of 75 stocks between 1994 and 2004 and their reactions to positive and negative earnings surprises. Earnings surprises have had less...