THEN & NOW
- Untitled. // New Yorker;4/24/1965, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p165
An excerpt from an article on Air Force cadet Donaldson Dimpsey published in an issue of the "Tryon Daily Bulletin" newspaper in 1965 is presented.
- Channeling Change. Redente, Jennifer // Airman;Summer2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the experience of the embedded training teams, Major Jondavid DuVall and his group of Airmen during their deployment from Hawaii to teach and mentor soldiers in the Afghanistan National Army (ANA) in Kabul, Afghanistan. According to Major DuVall, mentoring and building...
- Change and Challenge. Tudor, Jason // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2006, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the great changes occurred in Air Force Reserve Command in the U.S. Chief Master Sergeant Gerald Murray said that due to the development of technology, airmen must be reduced inorder to recapitalized some resources. With this change, Air Force Reservists faced a big...
- 21 Tucson-based National Guard airmen indicted for fraud. Shearer, Anne M. // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that twenty-one Tucson, Arizona-based Arizona Air National Guard members have been indicted for fraud. The airmen are accused of using fake addresses for collecting federal stipends that were meant for those airmen who are traveling or on short-term orders. Colonel Gregg...
- Saving a buck or two. Desjarlais Jr., Orville F. // Airman;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p14
Discusses issues related to deployed airmen's purchasing from the U.S. Army and Air Force Exchange Service. Shipping cost of products bought; "Down range" pricing; Tax-free purchases.
- Corrections. // Airman;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p17
The article presents corrections to the articles "Defender Training," and "The House That Love Built," that were previously published in the July 2004 issue of the journal "Airman." Senior Airman James McGregor is assigned to the 939th Air Refueling Wing. The father of Jimmy and Jessica Jansen...
- EFFECTS OF VARIATIONS IN RATING SCALE FORMAT ON JUDGMENT. Madden, Joseph M.; Bourdon, Roger D. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun64, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p147
The purpose of this study was to determine whether mean occupation evaluation ratings would differ as a function of 7 variations in rating-scale format. 60 basic airmen rated 15 occupations on 9 occupation-requirement factors for each format. A 3-way analysis of variance (occupations, factors,...
- ONCE AN AIRMAN, ALWAYS AN AIRMAN. Roughton, Randy // Airman;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p46
The article presents the author's opinion on retired Air Force personnel Brigade General Keith B. Connolly who had over 170 flight combat mission in Vietnam. He points to the Air Force retiree activities offices which works as a liaison between base's elements and the retired personnel. Another,...
- Airman's jump helps shatter world record. Zagursky, Erin // Airman;Mar2004, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p10
Reports on U.S. Lt. Col. Doug Strand's decision to join skydiver from around the world in November 2003 to break the world record in canopy formation. Final record set by Strand of the Air Combat Command operations directorate; Previous record set by the European community in 1996.