- F/A-22. Desjarlais Jr., Orville F. // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p14
No abstract available.
- MAINTAINERS CHALLENGE. GEMPIS, VAL // Airman;Feb2013, p1
The article offers information related to challenges for maintainers in the Air Force. It states that Chief Master Sergeant John Harris serves as the component maintenance chief for the 187th Fighter Wing of the Alabama Air National Guard. It says that Airmen 1st Class and weapons loader Shakera...
- Keeping 'em Flying. // Airman;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the efforts of U.S. airmen deployed as part of Operation Enduring Freedom to keep their aircraft in top condition. Officers involved in the maintenance of aircraft; Importance of preventive maintenance; Examples of aircraft being maintained.
- Quick Return. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the partnership among Reservists and Airmen under the U.S. Air Force to combine C-5 programmed depot maintenance and the isochronal inspection process to repair a military aircraft. Maintenance process and inspections; Enhancement of stratlift capability; Aircraft improvements.
- Maintenance Texas Style. Moening, Jeff // Flying Safety;Dec2003, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p6
Probes into the efforts of the U.S. Air Force 136th Air Wing maintenance unit in Carswell Field, Texas in ensuring mission success and the safety of the people and aircraft.
- Bombers arrive at Andersen. Cooper, T. D. // Airman;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the arrival of six bomber planes at the Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. Purpose of the deployment to enhance regional security demonstrating U.S. commitment to the western Pacific; Opportunity brought by the deployment for the air wing division to fly in the region; Plan of airmen to...
- Rivet Joint: Recon Ready. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p2
Features the United States RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft based at Offut Air Force Base, Nebraska. Sensor capabilities of the aircraft; Origin of the RC-135 aircraft; Modernization efforts on the aircraft; Remarks from airmen on the experience of flying the aircraft during conflicts; Difficulties...
- Eagle's Nest-West. Nolan, Dave // Airman;Mar1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the aircraft conversion from pilot training in the F-16 to the F-15 at Kingsley Field Air National Guard Base in the United States. Details on the student pilot training program; Support equipment needed; Application of basic fighter pilot tactics.
- USAF research aids crew fatigue management. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/14/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 20, p23
Reports on how studies by US Air Force Armstrong Laboratory scientists are helping B-1B bomber crews manage the fatigue of back-to-back, long-range conventional missions. Sleep and duty management; Attitude change; Factors that determine how long a rest period is needed between sorties; Need...