'One Nation, One Moment'
- May: Pride, patriotism and speed. Morris, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/23/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p10A
In this article, the author discusses his renewed patriotism after his hometown visit including the centennial anniversary of the Indianapolis (Indy) 500, the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, happening every Memorial Day weekend and the history of the celebration's enormous success.
- Heroes Remembered. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/9/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 25, p3
Deals with the celebration of Memorial Day in the U.S. on May 26, 2003.
- `If Vanquished I Am Still Victorious'. Kinney, Martha E. // Virginia Magazine of History & Biography;1998, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p237
Analyzes the history of the Confederate Memorial Day Celebrations in Virginia from 1866 to 1930. Shift in symbolism; Ritual and hymns; Literary and historical allusions.
- HONORING OUR HEROES. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);5/7/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p3
Presents a curriculum idea for teaching the history of the celebration of Memorial Day in the United States.
- ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT. Goodwin, Darlene // Officer;May2004, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the annual Memorial day concert in the U.S. Special segment on the 60th anniversary of D-Day; Television broadcasting schedule of the concert.
- Planning finalized for annual Memorial Day observance. // Wentzville Journal;5/23/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 21, pB2
The article reports on the final plan for the observance of the annual Memorial Day at the Lake Saint Louis Veteran's Memorial Park in Missouri on May 28, 2012.
- A case of bicoastal priorities. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;04/09/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p9
Comments on San Francisco, California's lack of appreciation for its war veterans. Budget allocation for Memorial Day observances in 1999; Budget allocation for the Cinco de Mayo Carnival and Chinese New Year parade.
- A tribute to the fallen. Martinez, Ernest // Navajo Times;3/31/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 13, pA4
The article reports on the tribute made by families of the U.S. Army, veterans, Navajo communities, and other tribal representatives and citizens for their late soldiers at the 8th annual Piestewa Memorial sunrise service on March 23, 2011 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Holiday closures. // Wilson County News;5/21/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p2A
The article announces that all city and county offices in Wilson County, Texas including Stockdale, Poth and Elmendorf, will be closed on May 26, 2014 in observance of the Memorial Day.