Silently surveying surroundings
- Barksdale after Sept. 11. Frois, Jeanne // Louisiana Life;Summer2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p56
Features the Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana. Number of military personnel; Identification of the primary aircraft found at the base; Squadrons housed in the base.
- AEF: Training, Going, Gone. Desjarlais Jr., Orville F. // Airman;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the responsibilities of Air Force Personnel working on the Expeditionary Force Center. Design of the military installation; Purposes of the institution; Tasks provided by the personnel inside the center. INSET: Frequently asked questions.
- Global Hawk 2 Flight Sets Stage For Airborne Sensor Tests. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/30/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 22, p32
States that the second Global Hawk high-altitude unmanned reconnaissance aircraft has made its first flight over Edwards AFB in California. Initial airworthiness tests which put the Global Hawk on fast track for airborne sensor tests; Plans for an early December, 1998 flight to verify the...
- China May Sell EP-3 Technical Secrets. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 16, p37
Reports on the possibility for China to sell the technical secrets of the United States Navy EP-3 surveillance aircraft impounded on Hainan Island. Benefits that China could gain the EP-3 technology; Strong demand for intelligence-gathering aircraft in the Third World arms market.
- Firms specialize in secret aircraft. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/4/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the classified reconnaissance aircraft built by Raytheon E-Systems in Texas. Partnerships involving Textron Systems, and Lockheed Martin; Planned aircraft; Ratheon E-Systems as experienced in creating intelligence equipment; The RC-135s and EP-3 Aries aircraft; Aircraft maintenance...
- Multisensor observations key to army's RC-7. Fulgham, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/24/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 21, p60
Focuses on the military reconnaissance airplane, the RC-7. Efforts to disguise the plane; Key features; Crew positions; Direction finding capabilities; Communication interception abilities; Technologies; Radar systems.
- Global Hawk, J-STARS Head for Afghanistan. Fulghum, David A.; Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/5/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the importance of the Global Hawk unmanned reconnaissance aircraft and the E-8 Joint-STARS in the war of the United States against Afghanistan. Features of the aircraft; Enhancement of tracking enemy vehicles; Impact of combined information and bombing operations on the Taliban...
- Spy in the sky. Sweetman, Bill // Popular Science;Feb2002, Vol. 260 Issue 2, p64
Provides information on the E-8C JointSTARS spy airplane used in the United States military operations in Afghanistan.
- The Airbus A320. // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p98
Evaluates the Airbus A320 military patrol aircraft. Features; Advantages over other maritime patrol aircraft; Integrated mission system; Ground-based support.