- ARIZONA: Pension Plan May Change. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/12/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33875, p7
The article offers information regarding the possible change in the Phoenix's municipal employee pension system which can save 600 million dollars for the city.
- Not afraid to chart new waters. Bensman, Miriam // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May94, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the success of the San Diego County Employees Retirement Association in futures trading in the United States. Comparisons with other public pension funds; Comments from trustees Paul Boland and Gerald Prior. INSET: Learning what it takes..
- South African overhaul. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;9/6/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p2
Focuses on South African Local Government Association's plan to overhaul municipal pension funds in South Africa. Creation of a single retirement fund for local government employees; Mismanagement of municipal employee pension funds; Findings based on preliminary research conducted by auditors...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p29
Discusses several changes made to the 457(b) retirement plan for municipal and government employees in the U.S. Salary deferral limits; Rollover capabilities; Catch-up provisions of the plan.
- Competitive Note Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;12/18/2015, p1
A result chart of competitive note sales in the U.S. bond market is presented, which includes issuer Gloucester Township, New Jersey, financial adviser municipal official and legal opinion by legal services company Parker McCay.
- Reports Find State, Local Pension Plans Are Sound. Bridgeford, Lydell C. // American Banker;2/26/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 38, p8
The article discusses speculation that has been raised regarding the impact that the recession may have on the pension plans of public employees. According to the U.S. National Institute on Retirement Security, fund managers have historically been conservative regarding the way in which...
- Oakland Muni Plan Considers Highmark Change. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;8/21/2014, p6
The article discusses the recommendation by Oakland Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) investment advisor Pension Consulting Alliance (PCA) regarding the transition of assets within its fixed-income portfolio after OMERS hired Highmark Capital Management as of August 2014.
- Orange County debacle prompts pool review. // Pensions & Investments;2/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the San Diego County treasurer investment pool's decision to hire money manager Metropolitan West to review its portfolio and investment guidelines in the wake of the pension fund debacle in Orange County, California. Estimates of pool's assets in derivatives; amount of investment by...
- The Looming Pension Crisis. LEVINE, ROBERT A. // Moderate Voice;8/21/2013, p10
The author reflects on the hovering pension and health care crisis faced by several cities and states in the U.S. He cites the bankruptcy filed by the municipal government of Detroit, Michigan due to its shortfall of pension and health care owed to workers and retirees. The author also mentions...