Banc of America, Stone & Youngberg Hire from Ranks of Quick & Reilly
- Will Consolidation Shake Up League Tables? O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p31
Reports on the emergence of consolidation to the private placement market, setting a serious fight for dominance of the U.S. domestic business. Merger between Banc of America Securities LLC and FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Worth of private placement deals between J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. and...
- Bank consolidation at issue for private market in 2004. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;3/1/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p2
Discusses consolidations under negotiations in the U.S. private placement market as of March 2004. Merger of the Banc of America Securities LLC and FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Status of merger negotiations between JP Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp.; Implications for the market.
- Quick & Reilly Eyes Kiosks, Wireless for Wider Reach. TOONKEL, JESSICA // American Banker;3/6/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p18
Focuses on the plan by FleetBoston Financial Corp. discount brokerage unit Quick & Reilly Group Inc. to use financial kiosks and wireless devices to augment its online and branch delivery channels. Services offered by the New York-based brokerage; Advantages of using the kiosks.
- In Downdraft, Quick Still Aims for Growth. ANDERSON, AMY L. // American Banker;1/12/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the growth plans of Quick & Reilly Group Inc. for 2001. Aim to make the company the most significant part of the growth component of FleetBoston Financial Corp.; Plan to take advantage of the cross-selling opportunities created when FleetBoston acquired the discount brokerage;...
- Fleet's Quick & Reilly to Court Wealthy Investors. Costanzo, Chris // American Banker;10/13/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 197, p15
Discusses the plans of FleetBoston Financial Corp. to use its Quick & Reilly brokerage unit to attract more assets from wealthy investors. Introduction of a campaign to woo high-income, investment-oriented families starting December 2000.
- Banc of America Hires New Bankers as Other Firms Downsize. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30908, p7
Reports on Bank of America Securities' hiring of three public finance bankers in Florida and Seattle, Washington. Reasons for hiring bankers; Customers of the bank.
- Stone & Youngberg Gets Hartfield Titus VP. Walker, Susan // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p28
Reports the recruitment of Stephen Butterfield as salesman at Stone & Youngberg LLC in San Francisco, California. Work duration with Hartfield Titus & Donnelly; Reasons on leaving Hartfield.
- Fleet Pilots Combo Account to Draw Rich to Brokerage. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;6/21/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 119, p2
Reports on FleetBoston Financial Corp.'s plan to use Connecticut as its test market for its asset management account that aims to attract more affluent customers to the banking company and its Quick & Reilly brokerage. Combination of insured deposit products from Fleet with investments made...
- Fleet Puts All Its Brokerages in One Basket. HUNTER, MATTHEW // American Banker;6/27/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 123, p1
Reports on the plans of United States-based FleetBoston Financial to consolidate its four brokerages and install software to let brokers give more specialized service to targeted investors. Key to FleetBoston's strategy of targeting the near-rich; Addition of brokers to the Quick & Reilly unit.