Fitch Gives San Francisco Several One-Notch Downgrades, Citing Weak Economy
- Fitch Lowers Lutheran Social Services After Texas Budget Cuts. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p3
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based securities rating agency, Fitch Ratings, on August 28, 2003 downgraded 12 million dollars of bonds issued on behalf of Lutheran Social Services of the South (LSSS), four notches to B-minus from BB after the agency's already-tenuous bottom-line was hit to the tune...
- Pittsburg RDA, Calif., Raised to A by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32504, p2
The article reports on the statement of Fitch Ratings Inc. that it has assigned an A-minus rating to $162.6 million of Pittsburg, California, Redevelopment Agency's Los Medanos Community Development Project tax allocation bonds. The A-minus rating applies to $128.3 million of outstanding tax...
- Lincoln, Neb., Weighing Joint Taxing Authority With Lancaster County. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p29
Focuses on the plan on the creation of a joint taxing authority with Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Nebraska. Finance for rising infrastructure costs of the city related to growth; Worth of the failing bond measure; Deficit in the capital financing budget.
- Fitch Warns Wisconsin of Possible Downgrade on $4B of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p3
Fitch Ratings Inc. warned Wisconsin on March 26, 2003 that its credit on 4 billion dollars of general obligation debt faces a downgrade because the state's proposed budget relies on more than 1 billion dollars of one-time revenue gains and optimistic revenue growth that would require a strong...
- Fitch Drops Troubled Bell, Calif., to Junk Status. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/18/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33368, p6
The article reports that credit rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. downgraded the ratings of Bell Public Financing Authority's 50 million dollars worth of outstanding general obligation bonds from A plus to BB and its taxable pension obligation bonds from A plus to BB minus in California.
- Fitch Drops Nassau. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p31
Focuses on the downgrade of the rating on Nassau County, Florida outstanding public improvement revenue bonds Series 2001 by Fitch Ratings Inc. Factors influencing the decline in rating; Maturities of serial bonds; Impact of the diminished reserves and cash position in tax-supported funds.
- Fitch revises Bahrain outlook to negative. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/9/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 49, p20
The article reports that Bahrain's outlook has been revised from stable to negative by Fitch Ratings Ltd. With forecast of a double-digit budget deficit of 12.5% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2015.
- ILLINOIS: Chicago Fuel Bonds Fall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/4/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33361, p7
The article announces that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded Chicago, Illinois' motor-fuel tax bonds one notch to A-minus and has given negative forecast to the rating's link to Illinois' credit.
- Fitch Proposes Rating Criteria Changes on Tax-Supported Debt. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;9/10/2015, p1
Fitch Ratings released a draft on Thursday detailing changes to its U.S. tax-supported bond rating criteria. The rating agency said it expects less than 10% of the ratings covered would be affected.