O'Hare Expansion Harm?
- Viral, But Why That Photoshop Swarm over LAX. // BAGnewsNotes;Apr2014, p18
A photograph is presented depicting several flying aircrafts at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in Los Angeles, California.
- Pbi Authorities Are Trying To Determine Who Pointed A Laser At Landing Aircraft. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Jan2014, p20
The article reports that pilots landing at the Palm Beach International Airport, California, have been reporting the cases of laser lights, being flashed on their plane, and the authorities are trying to find out who is responsible for these incidents.
- New airport fire truck to pioneer Halotron delivery. Lavitt, Michael O. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/22/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p60
Reports that Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida, will have the first operational Halotron 1 delivery system when its aircraft rescue and firefighting truck is charged with the flame-dousing gas in a few weeks. Halotron 1 for extinguishing fires in aircraft engines; Halotron 1 as...
- Get out of TOWN. Yamada, Stefanie Hard // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/30/2006, Issue 323576, p7
The article reports on the expansion of flight services at the Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FYI) in California. The airport has extended its flight services that can provide more frequent flights, larger airplanes, cheaper travel to the east and international service to Mexico. FYI...
- Operator Profile Hong Kong GFS. // Rotor & Wing;9/15/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p7
The article offers information on Government Flying Services (GFS), a disciplined unit of the Government of Hong Kong, China which was formed in April 1993 at the busy Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) located on Lantau Island. It mentions that airborne search and rescue have...
- Solar Impulse Flight Highlights Challenges. // AVweb;6/25/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 26A, p3
The article reports on the safe landing of the solar-power aircraft Solar Impulse at Ouarzazate International Airport in Morroco without experiencing any challenges while flying more than 683 kilometers for 17 hours and 20 minutes.
- Fee Finessing. Lumpur, Kuala // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/9/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 23, p26
The organization International Air Transport Association has requested national airplane authorities to reduce airplane landing and parking charges until scares related to the disease severe acute respiratory syndrome subsides. Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea has agreed to...
- Dubai airport chaos. // Travel Daily;10/11/2012, p2
The article reports on the delay of landing of airline passengers to Dubai International Airport in United Arab Emirates when the airport lost power to a critical runway back-up system used in foggy conditions, thus requiring 50 planes to divert to other ports instead.
- Viva Via. Turney, Roger // Air Cargo World;Nov2003, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p14
In the colorful foothills of the Pyrenees in Northern Spain, supporters of the Vitoria International Airport (VIA) say that is the idea that is taking shape. The fact that the airport deep in the heart of the Basque Country is only troubled by a couple of domestic passenger flights a day means...